Never before has a manufacturer used a 300 mm driver in a housing from 80 liters and still received the THX Ultra 2 certification – until Teufel did it. A level of 114 dB at 40 Hz with a linearity from +-1 dB. This is the highest of high performance and displays the absolute expertise Teufel has gained over 20 years of THX design and manufacturing.
The S 8000 SW is a THX subwoofer leader thanks to the lengthy and many-levelled design process oft he long-stroke subwoofer with included magnetic shielding (THX Ultra 2 requirements!).
Thanks to the new DSP unit the sub has an even lower harmonic distortion while having a higher efficiency. With its 500 watts of performance alongside a distortion-free level, an even amplifier performance is assured. A great side effect: you save energy. The digital signal processor (DSP) handles incoming analogue signals in digital and can play without distortion or blurring.
The features included in this sub far outweigh other conventional THX subwoofers:
- Adjustable high pass filter/rumble filter (20-60 Hz)
- Adjustable deep pass filter for different combination options (60-220 Hz)
- Adaptable sensitivity from -10 dBu to 0 dBu (for weak subwoofer outputs on the AV receiver)
- Volume, phase, mute and THX volume control via the included remote control
- Voltage and high current protection of the woofers
- Overheating protection with appropriate throttling
- Highly effective limiter against too high input signals
A further highlight: The absolutely gorgeous glossy black housing with rounded corners delights. Thanks to the relatively slender housing, this subwoofer won’t stick out like sore thumb in your room arrangements. The included spikes make sure your subwoofer is stable on the ground.
An included remote control makes handling the subwoofers child’s play.
The S 8000 SW is not available separately.