Never before has a manufacturer used a 300 mm driver in an 80 liter enclosure and still received the THX Ultra 2 certification. That's because this small cabinet is still able to bring forth 114 dB and a 40 Hz
low end. To achieve these impressive performance values from such a small enclosure, Teufel was able to draw from over 20 years experience designing and manufacturinging THX certified sound systems.
The S 8000 SW is a THX subwoofer leader thanks to a lengthy and painstaking design process resulting in a high-excursion woofer
with magnetic shielding - both important THX Ultra 2 requirements.
Thanks to the new DSP unit, the S 8000 SW has an even lower levels of distortion and greater efficiency. With its 500 watts of performance
, distortion-free levels are produced that usually require markedly higher amplifier performance. A great side effect is that you'll use less electricity. The digital signal processor
(DSP) converts incoming analogue signals into digital which allows the entire audio signal to be converted into sound without loss.
The S 8000 SW's features extend far beyond that of conventional subwoofers:
- Adjustable high pass filter/low cut filter (20-60 Hz)
- Adjustable deep pass filter for different combination options (60-220 Hz)
- Adaptable sensitivity from -10 dBu to 0 dBu (for weak subwoofer outputs on the AV receiver)
- Optimal signal recognition for automatic startup from the standby mode
- Volume, phase, mute and THX volume control via the included remote control
- Voltage and high current protection of the woofers
- Overheating protection with appropriate limits
- Highly effective limiter against too high input signals
A further highlight: The absolutely gorgeous glossy black enclosure with rounded corners. Thanks to the relatively slender cabinet, this subwoofer can be easily and unobtrusively placed just about anywhere in your living room. The included spikes
decouple your subwoofer from the floor and give it a stable foundation.
An included remote control makes it easy to adjust the settings. Test the S 8000 SW at home for up to 8 weeks.