- Customer Support
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- What works best?
- Return & repairs
- Payment options
- General Business Conditions
- Declaration of conformity
- Customer Service
- Teufel Technology
- Home cinema basics
- Home cinema setup
- About THX
- Multimedia setup
- Business Solution
Plug the subwoofer into another electrical circuit (i.e. bathroom, kitchen, bedroom). If the subwoofer continues to make a buzzing sound, please contact Teufel's customer service. Otherwise, the problem is an irregularity in the electrical circuit, which can be caused by plugged-in devices like dimmers or battery chargers. Start unplugging devices from the circuit... as soon as the buzzing stops, you've found the culprit.
In case B, the electrical circuit is not causing the buzzing sound. Please try the following test:
- Disconnect the cable or SAT connection from the TV receiever, and listen to whether the buzzing stops. If that is the case, then we recommend putting a sheath current filter into the loop, such as the coax AC 9022 ED . If you have a SAT connection at your disposal, please connect the SAT receiver to the source via an optical cable, such as Teufel's digital optical cable .
- If this is defiantly not the problem, then please remove all the devices from the AV receiver one after another, until the buzzing stops. The last device removed is likely the one causing the buzzing and should be reconnected using a galvanized separating filter (available in speciality shops).
- If none of this solves the problem, please contact us so we can give you individual advice.
Optional speaker stands or wall mounts are perfect for this task. Using Teufel speaker stands automatically ensures the satellites will be positioned at their optimal height. Wall mounts make it possible to position the speakers vertically or horizontally. When placing the speakers on walls or shelves, the rule of thumb is that a height between 80 centimetres and 1,60 metres should be chosen. If the speakers need to be placed outside of this range, they can also be angled up or down towards the listening position. What's important is that the center and front loudspeakers should be positioned in a straight line or arranged around the television to form a slightly concave line.
Number and type of satellites
Subwoofer RMS output
|Optimal for spaces up to ...|
|Consono 15||5 identical broadband satellites||200 mm||100 Watt||20 sqm|
|Consono 25|| |
4 identical two-way satellites. Center with dual mid-range drivers
|200 mm||100 Watt||25 qm|
|Consono 35||5 identical two-way satellites with dual mid-range driver||250 mm||100 Watt||30 qm|
When it comes to setting up home cinema systems, we recommend concretely focusing on usable space – i.e. the space where the TV and viewing area is located. Positioning the TV screen as centrally as possible (from the perspective of the listening spot) should make it much easier to set up a home cinema system.
The setup configuration we recommend helps to deliver optimum multi-channel sound for your home. However, factors like space, living partners and furniture mean the optimal setup isn't always possible. Simply do your best to achieve the most optimal setup – have fun and ultimately decide what's best with your ears and eyes. Experiment at will to see how the system fits best into your living space. Modern AV receivers are excellent at electronically compensating for setup inconsistencies.