Cinebar Lux Ambition
- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- High-class, slim soundbar for rich TV, music and gaming sound playback.
- Variante mit dem externem, auch per Funk ansteuerbarem Subwoofer T 8 für Räume bis 35 m²
- Intelligent signal processing also with subwoofer for a richer sound experience.
- Twelve high-performance drivers and new power amplifiers promise high sound levels in rooms up to 30m²
- Dynamore® Ultra and Dynamore® 3D with upward-firing and side-firing speaker for enveloping, cinematic 3D sound, extra centre speaker for best possible speech intelligibility
- Endless streaming possibilities with Raumfeld Technology (lossless, high resolution audio, multi-room) and Bluetooth, as well as Spotify
- 1 HDMI CEC output for operation with TV remote control, ARC for single cable connection to TV set, HDMI input, 4K pass through
- Integrated wall mount, Line in, digital port, sound configuration, and night mode
Overview of our technologies
Your living room highlights your taste and what's important to you. It deserves a soundbar that is timeless, with impressive, long-lasting sound.
Twelve drivers and four passive bass membranes produce a precise, powerful sound, that delivers sound just like that of a real 5.1 home cinema system.
Each driver is highly resilient and has an enormous stroke. With a cut-off frequency of 45 Hz (-3 dB), the Cinebar Lux sets new standards.
Die Cinebar Lux comes with integrated wall mounts. Two holes in the walls and enough screws and the soundbar is happy to hang. Otherwise, thanks to its compact size it can easily fit under the TV.
iOSStream from your iPhone, iPad or iPod with the latest Bluetooth technology.
AndroidIt is also easy to connect to Android smartphones and tablets.
Mac OS, PC and LinuxYou can of course also stream music and videos wirelessly from these systems.
Connected to the TV set via HDMI, the Cinebar Lux can easily be controlled with the TV set's remote control. Provided the TV set supports HDMI ARC.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
Teufel Streaming systems and speaker with bluetooth can be optionally expanded with a device from the Amazon Echo series to allow you to select and enjoy music even more conveniently via Alexa voice control. You can find out more about how this extension works and what you can do with it on the Teufel blog.Learn more
Lost your remote control somewhere in the sofa again? No worries! Control your sound system with voice commands when you connect a Google Home device via Bluetooth.
For the first time Teufel offers a subwoofer that can be used either front- or down-firing. Don't let the 100-Watt power output fool you. The new Class-D amplifier works efficiently and is extremely low-noise. It easily matches up to classic amplifiers that require 250-Watts.
- High-end active subwoofer, can be used either front- or down-firing
- 200 mm diameter bass driver
- Power: 100-Watt, Class-D power amplifier with high efficiency and low consumption
- Automatic on / off
- Extensive setting options and protective circuitry
- Can be tilted forwards or backwards, feet are interchangeable
- Integrated wireless module - works with Teufel Soundbar Streaming, Trios, Duett, One, Cinebar Pro, CoreStation and Impaq.
- Soundbar Cinebar Lux Single
- power cable
- remote control CB Lux RC with battery
- T 8 Subwoofer
|Passive membrance (number per enclosure)||4|
|Passive membrance (width)||48.00 mm|
|Passive membrance (length)||105.00 mm|
|Upfiring speaker||2 number|
|Upfiring speaker (diameter)||50.00 mm|
|Upfiring speaker (material)||Cellulose|
|Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term)||150 Watt|
|Maximum sound pressure level||100 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||45 - 20.000 Hz|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||2|
|Tweeter (diameter)||25.00 mm|
|Broadband loudspeakers (number per enclosure)||8|
|Broadband loudspeakers (diameter)||50.00 mm|
|Broadband loudspeakers (material)||Cellulose|
|Acoustic principle||Multi-Channel Soundbar with Dynamore 3D|
|Enclosure surface||matt, lacquered|
|Net internal volume||4 Litres|
|Keyhole plate mounted||Yes|
|Audio inputs- HDMI||1|
|HDMI Version||HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2|
|Digital inputs optical||1|
|Stereo jack 3.5mm - in||1|
|Bass driver output||1|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
Width (front) > 107.5cm
Width (back) > 114cm
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Maximum sound pressure level||111 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||35-210 Hz Hz|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||1|
|Woofer (diameter)||200.00 mm|
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex, DPU|
|Enclosure surface||Matte coated|
|Miscellaneous||Reflection channel in DPU technology avoids flow noises, stable MDF housing structure with internal bracing|
|Suitable for AV receiver||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Suitable for installation directly on the wall|
|Miscellaneous||Can be wirelessly controlled|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB)||37 Hz|
|Input gain adjustment||Yes|
|Frequency regulator (range)||37 - 200 Hz Hz|
|Miscellaneous||Can be used either front- or down-firing|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass||100 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 Volt volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||1 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||100 watt|
|Mains lead fixed||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3, WMA)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WMA, WAV)
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
*Currently only WMA files encoded with the regular WMA codec are supported. WMA Lossless, WMA Pro and WMA Voice are not supported.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
When USB storage is attached to the Base your Raumfeld system will automatically begin to scan for new music. You can follow the scan progress under Settings > Music Resources. The following are possible causes as to why your USB storage may not be automatically found:
A) The file system of the disk may not be compatible. We support the following formats:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS+
- EXT2 / EXT3 / EXT4
B) We seldomly have had reports of issues with USB 1.0 devices. We therefore recommend using devices that support USB 2.0.
Connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector (System without Raumfeld Base)
USB storage that has been connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector can only be used for playback in the Raumfeld system if the device is configured as the Raumfeld Host (see Network in the online manual).
Please also note that for first-generation Speakers and Connectors, apart from USB sticks only USB 2.0 storage with its own power supply or USB sticks are supported. These constraints do not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.
1. Remove the RCA cable from the input on the subwoofer. If the hum is no longer heard, go to point B. Otherwise, follow point A.
A. Attach the net cable of the subwoofer to another electricity outlet (i.e. Kitchen/Bathroom/Bedroom). If the subwoofer still hums, get in contact with our Support team.
Should the hum no longer be there, the disruption was a problem in your power supply, which can, for instance, be caused by dimmers or chargers. To find out where the disruption is, unplug all your devices and work back from there. As soon as the hum is heard, you now know your source of the disruption.
B. In your case, the "ground hum" is responsible for the disruption. Please proceed as follows to discover your source.
- Disconnect the cable or satellite port from the TV Receiver and check if the hum disappears or not. If it does, you can use a sheath current filter for the cable outlet to prevent this. For example, the sheath current filter AC 9022 ED. If you have a satellite connection, connect the Satellite Receiver to the optical cable playback source - Teufel Optical Digital Cable
- If this reason can be excluded, separate all devices from the AV Receiver one at a time until the hum stops. The last connected device is then your hum source and should be separated from the others using a galvanic separation filter (found in a retail shop)
- If this doesn't work, get in contact with us once again so that we can give an individual, helpful response.
The corresponding setting in the speaker set-up must be adjusted individually for each source for many receivers, however, e.g. for CD playback only front without woofer, and front speakers plus woofer for Dolby Surround video playback.
To make sure the subwoofer switches on and off correctly in automatic mode, (to be selected on the corresponding switch of the subwoofer, such as "Auto / On / Off"), we recommend turning the level control on the subwoofer to 1/3 or perhaps to 1/2 and increasing the output level for the sub in the receiver's speaker set-up – sometimes up to the maximum (+10 dB or +12 dB). The subwoofer should then work perfectly.
The maximum position of the output level in the speaker set-up of the AV Receiver is obligatory for some of our models (e.g. the Concept S subwoofer).
You can connect it like a standard speaker system: the five satellites via speaker cable to the corresponding speaker outputs front R/L, rear R/L and centre of the AV Receiver/amplifier and the subwoofer from the front R input via a mono-RCA cable to the Sub Out output on the A/V Receiver/amplifier.
The auto on/standby switch only responds when the front R input is being used! The subwoofer also receives the full subwoofer signal via this channel.
If the AV Receiver/amplifier has preamplifier outputs for all channels (front R/L, rear R/L, centre and subwoofer), the Teufel set can also be connected via three RCA cable pairs to the subwoofer and the satellites via speaker cables to the subwoofer. However, we recommend using the first version.
Separate the direct connection by a grounding filter for the antennae cable that is created for it - for instance, the Teufel modell sheath current filter AC 9022 ED. Alternatively, you can use a galvanic separation filter that is looped into the connection between the subwoofer and AV Receiver.
The hum disappears if the antennae cable is separated from the Receiver/Tuner/TV. First try the grounding filter, otherwise the galvanic separation filter.
Placement within the straight line between both front satellites is ideal - but not precisely in the corner of the room because certain frequency components could be unpleasantly excessive when played back.
The membranes of the satellites should move to the front at the same time as the membrane of the subwoofer bass speaker, because all speakers of the system must vibrate in phase for optimal playback. This means that (provided the connection has the correct polarity) all drivers must move in one direction when the three front speakers receive a pulse (towards the outside or towards the inside).
If the subwoofer is in line with the front speakers, its bass speaker should have the same direction of movement (phase) - the controller on the woofer is set to "0". If the subwoofer is not between the front speakers, but is to the side of or even behind the listening location, its phase length will not match that of the front speakers. That is why the phase of the subwoofer must be changed in such cases.
So much for the theory. In practice, this means: Listen to a loud piece of music with heavy basses and ask a second person to change the phase during playback. The correct setting of the phase switch depends on where the subwoofer is positioned in the room. The position where the bass playback (above all the upper bass range) sounds the fullest is the correct position. Have fun trying it out!
Even though the LED is still illuminated, the subwoofer is in standby mode. This function can be easily checked by slowly increasing the volume at the receiver/amplifier. You will hear a quiet popping noise when the subwoofer activates itself as of a certain level.
If the satellites are not connected directly to the subwoofer but to the AV Receiver/amplifier via speaker cable instead, the subwoofer performance will increase somewhat; the power amplifiers for the satellites have no function. This enables the subwoofer and satellites to play even more dynamically than if the subwoofer still had to provide the satellites with performance.
The technical background: The subwoofer has a large transformer with a specific wattage. This performance is either distributed to the five satellites and the subwoofer, or you receive a higher performance only for the subwoofer.
If the cabling method is easier for you, then you can alternatively connect one subwoofer to the other. You will need two mono cinch cables - one to connect the subwoofer "Pre Out" on the AV receiver/amplifier to the left line-in input of the first subwoofer, and the other to connect the left line-out output of the first subwoofer to the left line-in input of the second subwoofer.
This can be imagined as droning or booming, which occurs during heavy bass movie scenes such as explosions or certain types of music (Jazz, pizzicato bass). The bass absorber is then tuned exactly to this frequency so that only the speakers/subwoofer play back this frequency. The resonance frequency from the room, which would amplify this frequency, is swallowed by the bass absorber.
If you would like to damp more than one frequency (a room usually has three different frequencies: ceilings and floors, front and back and left and right, and its multiple), you will have to set up three absorbers accordingly.
The wattage (e.g. "360 W") printed on the rear of the subwoofer near the mains plug designates the ability of the power amplifier "to pull" a maximum power rating in the specified range at the moment of switching on (those 360 watt stated as an example).
Consequently, the wattage must correspond to at least the sine wave output of the amplifier, as this sine wave output must be permanently available which the power pack must provide as well.
The pulse/music performance of the amplifier, on the other hand, can exceed the wattage, because the short pulses are buffered additionally by the capacitors in the power pack and are not achieved solely through the performance of the power pack.
The wattage for a multi-channel subwoofer can also be below the sine wave output, as the specified sine wave output is not requested from every channel at the same time.
For a 5 x 100 watt sinus power amplifier, for example, each of the five channels is able to implement 100 watt sine. However, not all five channels at the same time! This is also unnecessary, as the same signal is never transmitted across all five channels at the same time, thus requesting the same high sine wave output per channel.
That is why the wattage may be, e.g. 300 watt, even if the sine wave output exhibits 5 x 100 watt (= 500 watt).
The volume of the active subwoofer can be controlled so that you can adapt the relationship between the active bass and treble / mid tones to suit the room.
Use your own senses to judge which settings sound best in your room. This switch is especially useful in stereo mode. On the other hand, multichannel amplifiers often have technologies that adjust the subwoofer volume - so when using a multichannel amplifier the controller should first be set at 0dB.
It is calculated of the sound velocity divided by 2 and divided by the room length [ 340 m/s: 2 : 6 m = 28.3 Hz (=1/s) ] or, more simply: 170 divided by the room dimension (length, width or height). The greatest distance between two parallel walls is taken as first standard value. For a room of 4 x 6 metres, this would be 6 metres. Strictly speaking, you would have to calculate the room resonance frequency for further parallel walls (for the 4 metres and for the ceiling height).
Overlaying resonances are also possible if the room dimensions are very close to each other. (2.8 metres high, 3 metres wide and 5.6 metres long). The resonance at 2.8 metres is repeated as multiple (times 2) at 5.6 metres length, the resonance of the 3 metres width is close to the resonance of 2.8 metres. It would resonate strongly here at 30 Hz, 56 Hz, 60 Hz and 120/112 Hz.
Phenomena of resonance frequencies:
• For example, a man with a deep voice speaks in a very small room (2 by 2 metres, 85 Hz). The voice appears to have more emphasis than in another room or out of doors. As soon as a woman speaks, the voice will sound just the same as in another room.
• The voice of a woman or that of a small child will cause glass to shatter. The voice strikes exactly the tone that corresponds to the resonant frequency of the glass. The glass resonates so strongly that it shatters (refer to the movie "The Tin Drum").
• A group of soldiers march across a bridge in cadence. The equal movement causes the bridge to vibrate so much that it collapses. That is why no one marches across bridges in cadence.