Raumfeld Multiroom Basis-Set
- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- The two products you need to build your individual Raumfeld system from the ground up
- Gorgeous wireless controller and base server duo in matte black with aluminium accents for perfect integration
- Music server and audio router with 160 GB hard disc, 4.3" touchscreen remote control
- Can be seamlessly combined with any Raumfeld product to build your own (Speaker S / M / L and Connector)
- Easy setup and installation via the Raumfeld Controller
- Apple or Android smartphone/tablet accessible!
Make sure our product sounds good in your home with Teufel’s 8-week trial.
If you change your mind you can exchange it or get a full refund, hassle free.
The Raumfeld Multiroom Basic Set provides you everything you need to create your own individual Raumfeld speaker system - whether one room or several, you're guaranteed the best in flexibility, ease of use, no cables and, best of all - amazing sound.
Wireless speaker systems have improved in leaps and bounds in recent years, and Raumfeld by Teufel leads the wireless revolution in sound distinction and technology. Use the Multrioom Basic Set to create your home base system, then choose Raumfeld speakers (L / M / S) or connect your own (Raumfel Connector) and enjoy your sound the way the creators intended. Seamlessly. Wirelessly. Perfectly.
The Multiroom Basic Set is the perfect beginning to your audio streaming sound revolution. Imagine your rooms in full streaming audio sound, and choose the Multiroom Basic Set today!
It shows currently playing music titles in waveform – delivering instant visual feedback about the playback status in every room. It's comfortable and fits right into your hand, as well as on any side table. Place it on its charging cradle and the display rotates to a larger format, making it easily visible from a distance. This remote control is perfect for all family members and any room – you can control your Raumfeld system with as many remote controls as you want.
- Raumfeld Controller
- loading port for Raumfeld Controller
- Raumfeld Base
|Wifi||WLAN IEE 802.11g Access Point|
|Harddisk capacity||160 GB|
|WLAN Transfer Rate||54|
|Maximum WLAN range||30.00 m|
|Connectors - Charging station||Power Conncetion|
|Connectors - Controller||Power Conncetion, USB 1.1|
|WLAN Transfer Rate||54|
|Maximum WLAN range||30.00 m|
|Power supply voltage||130 - 230 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz, Automatic Voltage Selection volts|
|Maximum power consumption||2 watt|
|Battery operating time||5|
|Battery max. charging time||6|
|Display resolution||480 x 272 Pixel|
|Display size||5,4 x 9,5 cm|
"Those who are not just looking at comfort when it comes to multiroom, but maximum sound quality as well should take a closer look at Raumfeld. The system plays nearly all file formats, including many lossless and high resolution varieties, and therefore guarantees maximum music enjoyment with minimum cabling effort.”
Sound (70%): 1.3
Workmanship (15%): 1.3
Usability (15%): 1+
+ With streaming module
+ Extremely easy-to-use controls
Overall assessment: Excellent (1.2)
"Two rooms, top-notch sound and great design-what`s not to love?!
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars!
+ unfussy setup
+ great sound from all zones
+ built-in storage
+ looks and build
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
The speakers are the key differentiator in a Raumfeld system. Rather than building the wireless technology into a discrete amplifier or streaming module as Sonos does, Raumfeld builds it all directly into one of the speakers, along with a 30W per channel amplifier. The other speaker is passive, powered by the amp via a single length of standard speaker cable.
All you need to complete the picture is the Raumfeld Base, and the Controller - an angular slab of plastic complete with 4.25in, 280 x 476 capacitive touchscreen - and you have yourself a beautifully minimalist system. The design is pure Bauhaus and looks stunning."
Overall Rating: 5/6
Features & Design: 5/6
Value for Money: 4/6
Ease of Use: 5/6
So far, the Sonos system has offered one of the easiest plug n play solutions to the problem, and now little-known German manufacturer Raumfeld is muscling in on the act at a similar price point.
The Raumfeld system consists of a Base station, which you connect to your PC or wireless router via Ethernet cable, a pair of Wi-Fi-enhanced active stereo speakers and a Controller with touch-sensitive screen. It can stream audio directly from your PC or Nas drive, access web-based streaming services and play internet radio too, either through the Raumfeld speakers or through your existing stereo via the Wi-Fi Connector.
So far, so Sonos, but the Raumfeld system has an extra trick up its sleeve by including a hefty 160GB hard drive in the Base. You can use it to back up your favourite tracks so you don't have to switch on your computer to access your music."
"The Raumfeld system is a hassle-free wireless streaming solution whose only real rival at the moment is Sonos. Neither system is particularly cheap, and while the Raumfeld is the more expensive option, you do get the benefit of an onboard hard drive which allows you to use it without having to switch on your computer. It's horses for courses, but the Raumfeld is a serious rival to the Sonos and an excellent way to open up your computer-based music collection."
Verdict: 9 / 10
Downloads & support
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
*Currently only WMA files encoded with the regular WMA codec are supported. WMA Lossless, WMA Pro and WMA Voice are not supported.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.
Should removing the power plug not be sufficient to restore system functionality, please perform the following steps which will recover the Base. Hereby, all settings and data stored on the internal hard disk of the Base will be preserved.
Instructions for Base Recovery
Please first download the file "base.img" and copy it to a USB stick: http://updates.raumfeld.com/repair/base.img
Then perform the following steps:
- First remove the Base's power plug for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, connect the USB stick to the upper USB port of the Base.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the device while you attach the Base's power plug in order to start it.
Please press and hold the setup button for 10 more seconds.
- After max. 30 seconds the outer and inner LEDs will start to blink alternatingly. This indicates that the recovery has been started. Please note that the recovery may take up to 5 minutes. After that, the Base will reboot automatically.
In order to solve the problem, perform the following steps on your Mac:
* Open System Menu > Software Update... and make sure you've installed the latest software version. Otherwise perform a software update.
* Disable spotlight for the Raumfeld Base by adding the Base's "MUSIC" folder to the list of locations under System Settings > Spotlight > Privacy.
Should the speed of access not be improved by these settings, please get in touch with our service team.
We suggest to probe the following solutions step by step. Should the problem persist afterwards, please get in touch with our service team.
- First make sure that the router is connected to the proper port (right network port, labelled "ROUTER"). To connect a computer, always use the network port on the left (labelled with a network symbol).
If you operate the Base without a connection to your network router make sure that the ROUTER port is free.
- Reboot your network router.
- If the problem persists, check the settings of your network router:
- DHCP must be activated
- The DHCP server should automatically assign IP addresses to computers in the network.
- If you prefer not to enable automatic IP addresses, make sure a static IP address is assigned to each Raumfeld device.
Please note that the same IP address must not be assigned to multiple devices.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8:
* Enter \\Raumfeld-Base into the address bar of Windows Explorer.
* Alternatively, enter the Base's IP address into the address bar, e.g. \\192.168.10.12
Mac OS X:
* In the Finder menu, open Go > Connect to server...
* Enter smb://base.local into the field Server Address
* Alternatively, enter the Base's IP address into the server address field, e.g. smb://192.168.10.12
* An authentication dialog will appear
* Select Guest and confirm the dialog by clicking the button Connect.
Role of the Raumfeld Base
- By creating a dedicated Wlan network it provides the bandwidth for a loss-free transmission
- With the integrated 160GB hard disk and two USB 2.0 ports the Raumfeld Base becomes the central storage of your music. You can therefore enjoy your digital music library without running a computer.
- By connecting to your home network the Base is able to access your music stored on a computer or NAS (network attached storage). With the Raumfeld Controller you then have access to your complete digital music library.
- If you own a Raumfeld Base the size of your music library may exceed 200,000 tracks. Instead, without the Raumfeld Base, the maximum capacity of your music database is about 50,000 tracks.
If you do not want to make use of certain music services, you can easily remove the corresponding button from the Home screen (Raumfeld Controller only):
- Open Settings > Home Screen
- Under the heading Applications, remove the check mark from all music services you would not like to see on the Home screen.