Overview of our technologies
The result is immersive sound no matter where you sit in the room. A powerful active subwoofer in an innovative flat design receives audio signals from the Soundbar in lossless sound quality for deep and punchy bass with movies, games and music. Its discreet design allows the sub to be placed anywhere in the room – even under a sofa!
Integrated Wi-Fi streaming technology makes it possible to stream a range of digital music formats including lossless files to the system and play them back in hi-fi sound quality. With the free Raumfeld Controller App for Android and iOS, it’s easy to select music from various streaming providers, internet radio and your own collection. In addition, the Raumfeld Soundbar works seamlessly with other Raumfeld devices for the ultimate multi-room audio experience.
The living room of the future: The Raumfeld Soundbar + HD TVThe Raumfeld Soundbar is perfect for use in interiors that either have no space for a traditional 5.1 home theatre system or where many audio components would spoil the overall look. Simply connect the attractive and sleekly styled Soundbar to your HD TV via HDMI cable and follow the push-button pairing procedure for the wireless sub. You won’t need any additional devices such as an amplifier or A/V receiver.
The Soundbar should be centred in front of your television set, either mounted on the wall or placed on the included table stand beneath the display.
Included connections: HDMI with ARC/CDC, digital and stereo RCAA variety of connections on the Raumfeld Soundbar offer you maximum flexibility. HDMI 1.4 with Audio Return Channel (ARC) means that the HDMI connection functions either as an input or output channel depending on the desired playback. The Soundbar also supports CEC, a widely adopted standard for centrally controlling multiple devices. If your television also supports CEC, you can use your TV remote to control the Raumfeld Soundbar as well. Alternately, you can use the stylish brushed aluminium remote that comes with the system for controlling all essential functions from a distance of up to 10 meters. For even faster access to your favourite streams, there are preset buttons on the Soundbar itself. And, of course, there is the free app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. In short, the Raumfeld Soundbar not only offers a maximum of connection options, you’ll enjoy incredible flexibility when it comes to controlling the system.
Please note: To be able to use the Raumfeld Soundbar via the HDMI-ARC/CEC connection, you must first ensure that your television supports HDMI 1.4 with Audio Return Channel.
Alternately, you can connect your television to your Raumfeld system via digital optical cable.
The Raumfeld Soundbar & Raumfeld Subwoofer: Perfect harmonyThe Raumfeld Soundbar’s integrated class D amplifier powers 6 x 70 mm drivers with 150 watts for sound pressure levels up to 102 dB.
The Soundbar’s dynamic, enveloping sound is supported by the Raumfeld Subwoofer. Like the Soundbar, the active sub is also equipped with a class D amplifier for firing its 3 bass drivers with 200 watts. A 35 Hz low end ensures that movie soundtracks can be felt as well as heard. The use of 3 smaller high-excursion drivers instead of a single large woofer makes it possible to give the Subwoofer its compact design. Not your typical boxy sub, the Raumfeld Subwoofer can be slid under a sofa in a horizontal position or even hung vertically behind a sideboard. This amazing advantage comes at no cost to performance. Deep and punchy bass that is never “boomy” or muddy is what you can expect.
Wellenfeld sound technology engineered in BerlinOur sound engineers developed Wellenfeld Technology for generating a surround sound experience from a compact enclosure. Using a lightning-fast DSP chip and sophisticated algorithm, the Raumfeld Soundbar’s 6 drivers are expertly guided in the creation of an immersive, 3-dimensional sound image.
Unlike virtual surround technologies, the algorithm used for the Raumfeld Soundbar doesn't rely on psychoacoustics. Instead, the 6 drivers to work together in such a way that the entire room is actually filled with 3D sound that extends far beyond the size of the system for a thrilling home cinema experience anywhere you sit.
Music streaming in hi-fi sound quality? Raumfeld makes it possible.The Raumfeld Soundbar’s ability to quickly and easily connect to your home Wi-Fi gives you access to a world of music – at the tap of a finger.
As part of the Raumfeld system, the Soundbar not only lets you listen to music via your home Wi-Fi, it works seamlessly with all other Raumfeld devices. That means that not only can you use the Soundbar for all your music streaming needs, additional Raumfeld devices can be added to your home network for multi-room streaming. The Soundbar and its active subwoofer can play in perfect sync with other Raumfeld devices in the same network. You can also play different tracks on each device for multicast streaming with easy, centralised controls thanks to the Raumfeld App.
A complete stereo system – and then someAmplifier, tuner, CD player and loudspeaker: The Raumfeld Soundbar does the work of all of these devices and more. With a combined 280 watts at their disposal, the Soundbar and Subwoofer have enough power to fill even larger rooms with thrilling movie sound and music.
Advanced acoustic technology transforms your living room into a sonic oasisMany speakers have a great sound – as long as you sit in exactly the right spot, commonly referred to as the “sweet spot.” The problem is that this space isn’t usually big enough to include a larger group of friends or a whole family. Some people inevitably get relegated to the “cheap seats.” The Raumfeld Soundbar was engineered to allow the greatest number of people to enjoy cinema sound and music as it was meant to be heard. That’s why our acoustic engineers developed a special playback algorithm capable of expanding the listening zone well beyond the physical dimenions of the device.
Tap into the possibilities of streaming with the Raumfeld Controller AppThe free Raumfeld Controller App for Android and iOS mobile devices allows you to effortlessly select music from various sources and assign the streams to Raumfeld devices in your home. If you have more than one Raumfeld device, you can assign speakers to individual listening zones. Control the volume and equalizer levels on each speaker or zone, create playlists and browse through the immense music libraries of Raumfeld’s streaming partners or your own digital collection.
Test the Raumfeld Soundbar for up to 8 weeks.
Selecting and controlling playback is effortless thanks to a free app. No additional devices such as amplifiers or AV receivers are required – simply plug the speakers in, connect to the home Wi-Fi and enjoy. All speakers were designed by experienced acousticians in our Berlin headquarters.
Music from every source
Multiroom & multi-music
The Raumfeld App
Test the Raumfeld Wi-Fi soundbar for up to 8 weeks.
By the way: the Raumfeld Soundbar may be occasionally referred to as Onebar. The official name, however, is Raumfeld Soundbar.
- Raumfeld Soundbar Single
- 2,0m C7 power cable for Raumfeld Soundbar Single
- table stand with rubber feet f RF Soundbar Single
- wall mount for Raumfeld Soundbar Single
- 1,5m HDMI-Cable for Sounddeck/Soundbar
- Remote Control RFRC1
- Raumfeld Subwoofer
- 1,8m angled power cord for Raumfeld Subwoofer
|Maximum sound pressure level||102 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||160 - 20000 Hz|
|Broadband loudspeakers (number per enclosure)||6|
|Broadband loudspeakers (diameter)||70.00 mm|
|Broadband loudspeakers (material)||Cellulose|
|Enclosure material||MDF, lacquered|
|Keyhole plate mounted||Yes|
|Screw hole diameter||5.00 mm|
|Audio inputs- HDMI||Yes|
|Audio inputs- HDMI||1|
|Miscellaneous||Includes a wireless module (for wireless signal transmission with the Subwoofer)|
|Digital inputs optical||1|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Bass driver output||1|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite||180 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Satellite||150 W|
|Power supply voltage||110-240 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||2 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||200 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Radio remote control||Yes|
|Power source||Coin cell battery|
|Miscellaneous||Battery included with delivery|
|Miscellaneous||Wall mount included with delivery|
|Miscellaneous||11.3 cm high when situated on the pre-assembled base|
|Maximum sound pressure level [dB/1m]||102|
|Frequency range from/to [Hz]||35-200 Hz|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||3|
|Woofer (diameter) [mm]||130|
|Woofer (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Miscellaneous||High excursion drivers|
|Acoustic principle||Bassreflex, DPU|
|Suitable for AV receiver||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Wireless access (Sub Connect)|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB) [Hz]||35|
|Input gain adjustment||Yes|
|Frequency regulator (range) [Hz]||Yes (Hz)|
|Amplifier technology||Class D|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass [W]||240|
|Miscellaneous||DSP from Analog Devices|
|Power supply voltage [volts]||230 Volt|
|Standby-Power consumption [watt]||.4|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
Raumfeld begrijpt maar al te goed dat veel mensen geïnteresseerd zijn in een soundbar vanwege de ruimtebesparende eigenschappen. (...) Daar hebben de designers van Raumfeld iets op bedacht, want de meegeleverde subwoofer kun je plat onder een bankstel of salontafel schuiven. Bovendien is de verbinding naar de soundbar draadloos, dus je hebt geen last van lelijke snoeren.
De meegeleverde basmodule heeft een Klasse D-versterker van 200 Watt in huis. De drie ingebouwde woofers weten de lage frequenties van film en muziek prima te 'raken' (...) Twee drivers bevinden zich aan de zijkant, waardoor er een virtuele surround-weergave mogelijk is. (...)"
„Viel Spass macht die Raumfeld-Soundbar auch bei ausgeschaltetem Fernseher. Sie verhält sich nämlich wie ein "gewöhnlicher Multiroomlautsprecher" und spielt damit die Stärken des Multiroom-Herstellers Raumfeld voll aus.“
„Raumfeld ist der Spagat für eine multiroomtaugliche Soundbar gut geglückt. Installation und Betrieb am TV sind problemlos.“
„Rundum gelungen ist die Multiroom-Funktionalität der Soundbar. Sie reiht sich nahtlos in die unzähligen anderen Raumfeld-Komponenten ein und profitiert von der ausgereiften App.“
Zum ganzen Test
The Raumfeld Soundbar won first place.
Note: The above quote was taken from a comparison test between the Raumfeld Soundbar, Raumfeld Sounddeck and Sonos Playbar.
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) at http://www.computerbild.de
By: Guido Randerath
See full review at hifitest.de/test/soundbar/raumfeld_soundbar-raumfeld_subwoofer_11995
"De soundbar van Raumfeld is groot, hoekig en zwart en valt daardoor flink op. De set met de bar en subwoofer is ook in het wit te krijgen...
De looks van de subwoofer doen denken aan een koellichaam. Je kunt hem rechtop naast je audiomeubel zetten of plat onder je bank schuiven. Hij is goed af te stellen.
Ondanks de stereo set-up kun je de soundbar van Raumfeld ook voor je thuisbioscoop gebruiken. De via de nette afstandsbediening of app te activeren surround-modus met wavefield-techniek biedt een levendig geluid. ..."
Test score: good (2,02)
See full review at www.welt.de
Translated from the original German.
"The spatiality is remarkable, and the surround simulation works simply excellently. In combination with additional Raumfeld loudspeakers, it becomes the centre of a multi-room solution. Anyone who is considering trying it out will find it hard to find something better. If you want a very good quality home cinema sound in your living room, your should definitely take a closer look at the Raumfeld Soundbar."
See full review at digitalfernsehen.de/DIGITAL-TESTED.digitaltested.0
i-fidelity.net- This is a test report for the Raumfeld Soundbar and the Raumfeld Sounddeck
Translated from the original German.
See full review at www.i-fidelity.net
See full review at audiovision.de
Vertaald uit het Duits
"The Soundbar is not just for the Hi-Fi enthusiast - even users who value design and a smart look with latest technology will have a lot of fun with the RAUMFELD soundbar. We can give the system a clear purchase recommendation because of the consistently positive impression."
See full review at www.hifi-journal.de
Zum ganzen Test auf www.areadvd.de
See full review at www.lite-magazin.de
"The Raumfeld soundbar is also a lot of fun when the TV is switched off. It behaves like an "ordinary multi-room loudspeaker" and thus fully exploits the strengths of the multi-room manufacturer Raumfeld. "
"Raumfeld has found the perfect balance for this multi-room soundbar. Installation and TV operation are easy."
"The multi-room functionality of the Soundbar is a complete success. It fits seamlessly with the countless other Raumfeld components and works well with the sophisticated app."
Zum ganzen Test auf www.avguide.ch
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here:
"Bombastic, but clean“
"The Raumfeld Sounbar’s sound is incredibly powerful. No matter whether action spectacles, TV shows or games – the device always [...] delivers the perfect sound at an impressive 102 decibels. Voices can be clearly discerned, soft noises are well defined. Powerful explosions or thunderous waterfalls sound bombastic but clear. Even the playback of music is a delight to listen to with the Soundbar. Raumeld’s Wellenfeld Technology ensures a room-filling sound experience as promised. Especially impressive is the bass generated by the subwoofer with three 130 millimeter woofers and internal 240 watt amplifier. The speaker packs so much of a punch that it’s sometimes necessary to reach for the dial on the back to limit the very low frequencies in the interest of keeping peace with the neighbours.”
See full review at n-tv.de
"The very good craftsmanship, first-class sound for film and music as well as multi-room support with good app configuration are certainly not available for small change: The suggested retail price is 1,300 Euro. For this, one gets a system that can be integrated into your living room without any pesky wiring. For me the biggest plus point: You get an excellent home cinema experience with this audio system that isn’t visually overwhelming in terms of a giant subwoofer in the corner and satellites on the walls.”
See full review at curved.de
"The Soundbar and Subwoofer are the ideal companions for all televisions directly mounted to the wall."
"The subwoofer can be freely placed in the room. The Soundbar and Subwoofer communicate via a 5 GHz radio link. Thanks to its slender construction, the Subwoofer fits easily under the sofa. Of course, with its elegant, classic design, it has no reason to hide."
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
"For full volume levels, the Soundbar is supported by an accompanying active subwoofer in a flat design."
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
See full review at areadvd.de
"Digital signal processing adjusts the playback according to the selected program. For movies, the virtual surround sound is a good choice, which – just like in a movie theater – places the viewer in the middle of the action. With sporting events, the Soundbar conjures a stadium atmosphere in the living room; for music, it does without these effects and abides by the rules of stereo playback.”
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) at www.tonartmagazin.de
See full review at lydogbilde.no/nyheter/hoyttalere/multirom-lydplanke-fra-raumfeld
Translated from the original German.
You can read the entire test review (in German) here:
You can read the full review (in German) here >
• Radio remote control in brushed aluminum
• Innovative Wellenfeld technology for optimum spatial sound
• Extensive streaming functions
Test refers to previous identical Raumfeld Soundbar.
See full review at vergleich.org
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3, WMA)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WMA, WAV)
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
*Currently only WMA files encoded with the regular WMA codec are supported. WMA Lossless, WMA Pro and WMA Voice are not supported.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
It's also a good idea to check the sound setting on your television (or set top box). This should be set to PCM or stereo. If the audio signal travels from the set top box to the product via the television, please make sure that both devices have been correctly configured, or connect the audio signal from the source device to the product directly.
The following settings can be selected:
- Stereo Mode: The sound is similar to that produced by a classic stereo system. Select this mode to enjoy music with a broad stereo soundstage. (Button 1)
- Arena Mode: This mode employs side-mounted drivers to create an especially broad sound panorama. (Button 2)
- Theater Mode: The Theater Mode creates a broad soundstage together with heightened speech intelligibility.
- Voice Mode: This mode elevates the voice frequency range for enhanced speech intelligibility while using the side-mounted drivers to subtly broaden the soundstage. (Button 4)
It’s also possible to perfect the system’s soundstage by altering the subwoofer’s volume levels.
In order to change the type of connection, open the Raumfeld App and open the “Room configuration“ option (under Settings/room configuration/room name/device) and change the type of connection to “TV input” in the drop down menu.
- The “Phase“ slide switch: This is where you can optimize the subwoofer’s signal output. Try adjusting the phase setting if the conditions of the room where your Subwoofer is situated cause it to drone or sound strange.
- „Sub Level“ dial: (Can only be used in the device’s wired mode) This allows you to adjust the sensitivity (volume) of the incoming signal. If the device is being used in its wireless mode, you can adjust these settings via the Raumfeld App.
- „High pass“ dial: This allows you to filter out all frequencies beneath a certain cutoff frequency. For instance, if the dial is set to 50 Hz, the Subwoofer will not play back any frequencies lower than 50 Hz. If you want to hear bass playback without any filtering, we recommend a setting of 20 Hz.
The corresponding setting in the speaker set-up must be adjusted individually for each source for many receivers, however, e.g. for CD playback only front without woofer, and front speakers plus woofer for Dolby Surround video playback.
To make sure the subwoofer switches on and off correctly in automatic mode, (to be selected on the corresponding switch of the subwoofer, such as "Auto / On / Off"), we recommend turning the level control on the subwoofer to 1/3 or perhaps to 1/2 and increasing the output level for the sub in the receiver's speaker set-up – sometimes up to the maximum (+10 dB or +12 dB). The subwoofer should then work perfectly.
The maximum position of the output level in the speaker set-up of the AV Receiver is obligatory for some of our models (e.g. the Concept S subwoofer).
You can connect it like a standard speaker system: the five satellites via speaker cable to the corresponding speaker outputs front R/L, rear R/L and centre of the AV Receiver/amplifier and the subwoofer from the front R input via a mono-RCA cable to the Sub Out output on the A/V Receiver/amplifier.
The auto on/standby switch only responds when the front R input is being used! The subwoofer also receives the full subwoofer signal via this channel.
If the AV Receiver/amplifier has preamplifier outputs for all channels (front R/L, rear R/L, centre and subwoofer), the Teufel set can also be connected via three RCA cable pairs to the subwoofer and the satellites via speaker cables to the subwoofer. However, we recommend using the first version.
Even though the LED is still illuminated, the subwoofer is in standby mode. This function can be easily checked by slowly increasing the volume at the receiver/amplifier. You will hear a quiet popping noise when the subwoofer activates itself as of a certain level.
If the satellites are not connected directly to the subwoofer but to the AV Receiver/amplifier via speaker cable instead, the subwoofer performance will increase somewhat; the power amplifiers for the satellites have no function. This enables the subwoofer and satellites to play even more dynamically than if the subwoofer still had to provide the satellites with performance.
The technical background: The subwoofer has a large transformer with a specific wattage. This performance is either distributed to the five satellites and the subwoofer, or you receive a higher performance only for the subwoofer.
If the cabling method is easier for you, then you can alternatively connect one subwoofer to the other. You will need two mono cinch cables - one to connect the subwoofer "Pre Out" on the AV receiver/amplifier to the left line-in input of the first subwoofer, and the other to connect the left line-out output of the first subwoofer to the left line-in input of the second subwoofer.
The volume of the active subwoofer can be controlled so that you can adapt the relationship between the active bass and treble / mid tones to suit the room.
Use your own senses to judge which settings sound best in your room. This switch is especially useful in stereo mode. On the other hand, multichannel amplifiers often have technologies that adjust the subwoofer volume - so when using a multichannel amplifier the controller should first be set at 0dB.