Teufel One M
- 8 week right of return
- Free & easy returns
- Directly from manufacturer
- A compact yet powerful Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sound system
- The authentic stereo system with 3-way technology includes 4 tweeters, 2 midrange drivers, a woofer and 2 passive bass membranes
- Dynamore® technology and two tweeters create a broad stereo panoroma and 180 degree sweetspot
- Raumfeld technology for Wi-Fi streaming from services like Spotify, internet radio and music stored on a local network, easily controlled via smartphone app
- Bluetooth for directly streaming music from Apple Music, Amazon Music and many other services
- On-device controls for play/pause, skip, volume plus preset buttons for instant access to radio stations and playlists
- Line-in for connecting external devices such as a CD player, smartphone, or turntable plus sleep timer and energy saving mode
- Available in black and white
Overview of our technologies
You can listen to music in true CD quality without interruption from calls or messages via the Teufel Raumfeld app. You can stream music from your CD- or record player and listen to it throughout the whole house with another speaker. You can even play music from a smartphone, USB stick or hard drive via the app.
Try the Teufel Raumfeld app
Use Bluetooth to stream any audio, such as YouTube videos, Apple Music or Amazon Music, from your smartphone, tablet, computer or TV directly to your speakers. Our speakers ensure a particularly stable Bluetooth transmission with a long range of up to 15m.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
No more hassle. The Teufel One M gives you more than enough options to leave your phone in your pocket and keep your focus on what matters, the music.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
Teufel Streaming systems and speaker with bluetooth can be optionally expanded with a device from the Amazon Echo series to allow you to select and enjoy music even more conveniently via Alexa voice control. You can find out more about how this extension works and what you can do with it on the Teufel blog.Learn more
Lost your remote control somewhere in the sofa again? No worries! Control your sound system with voice commands when you connect a Google Home device via Bluetooth.
|Maximum sound pressure level [dB/1m]||105|
|Frequency range from/to [Hz]||36-20000 dynamic|
|Miscellaneous||With Dynamore for a virtual stereo panorama|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||4|
|Tweeter (diameter) [mm]||25|
|Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||2|
|Bass/Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||1|
|Bass/Midrange driver (diameter) [mm]||75|
|Bass/Midrange driver (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||1|
|Miscellaneous||Bass driver: racetrack 180mm x 90mm|
|Stereo jack 3.5mm - in||1|
|Maximum number of items||200.000|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite [W]||45|
|Maximum output - bass channel [Watt]||80|
|Power supply voltage [volts]||230 Volt|
|Standby-Power consumption [watt]||2|
|Maximum power consumption [watt]||200|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Dimensions refer to front side|
"With this compact system from Berlin, you can enjoy the essence of music with a powerful but balanced sound and amazingly deep, contoured basses. It can be said without exaggeration that there is nothing better for this price [...] The clarity and accuracy (wouldn't have thought it possible to use such words for an inexpensive Wi-Fi speaker) convinced me as a critical, high-end listener just as much as the danceability factor."
(Translated from German)
See full review at lowbeats.de
"[…] Teufel has created a fairly lavish three-way system, […] since the Berliners ultimately want to elicit a real stereo stage from the one-speaker system. Of course, it is equipped with Dynamore technology."
"Even the quietest of sounds are convincing with a very good balance between clear treble and powerful bass, and with the stereo extension switched on, these strengths become even more pronounced. The virtual stage is at least as wide as promised and presents a clean gradation. […] Here the One M shows that, despite its compact dimensions, it can turn on the gas and delivers quite easily even at high levels. [...] it is also an excellent master of fine engineering [...]."
"Compact but all the more powerful in sound, the compact One M Wi-Fi speaker provides a solution to many a space problem without making any acoustic compromise. Thanks to acoustic stereo expansion, the single speaker system produces an impressive sound backdrop in a modern look that is comparable to compact Hi-Fi systems. It is also possible to integrate the speaker into the home network, which gives the One M an enormous variety of sources and the option of using it as part of a multi-room system. This is accompanied by a high level of operating comfort via smartphone or tablet, which rounds off the excellent price-performance ratio.”
(Translated from German)
See full review at lite-magazin.de
"[...] The stereo, multi-room speaker convinces above all with its powerful bass foundation and the good fine definition of the other frequencies. The best way to control it is by app."
NB: Quotes refer to a "two-page test" of Teufel One M and Teufel One S in the Audio Test magazine. See full test report on Digital Tested.
NB: Quote refers to a test of Teufel Stereo L, Teufel Stereo M, Teufel One M and Teufel One S. Teufel One M finished 3rd with a “good” score of 2.3.
(Translated from German)
See full review at computerbild.de
NB: Quote refers to Teufel One M. It took first place with 5 out of 5 stars in a comparison test with a total of 4 test devices.
See full review at androidmag.de
"With the One M, Teufel offers a versatile multi-room speaker with potent sound and a wide range of functions. The corresponding Teufel app offers first-class user guidance, which makes the extensive possibilities of this smart speaker intuitively operable. Teufel's One M is therefore a top recommendation for all music lovers who want a powerful sound system for online and offline music sources.”
(Translated from German)
See full review at av-magazin.de
"The Teufel One M's maximum volume is enough [...] to power a party sufficiently. If you take it outside, you can certainly hear it a few houses away."
"If you are looking for a streaming speaker equipped with almost all common control options, [...] you’re on the right track with the Teufel One M."
(Translated from German)
See full review at testr.at
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3, WMA)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WMA, WAV)
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
*Currently only WMA files encoded with the regular WMA codec are supported. WMA Lossless, WMA Pro and WMA Voice are not supported.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.