Teufel Sounddeck Streaming
Die Mehrwertsteuersenkung ist für dich.
- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- Plug-&-play Wi-Fi sounddeck – simply place your TV on top & connect
- Innovative Wellenfeld Technology cocoons you in sound from any listening position
- 6 high-end drivers, 2 downfire subwoofers & integrated 280 watt class D amplifier create powerful, detailed sound
- Available in black or white
- Timeless design: Sturdy wooden cabinet refined by matte black or silk white lacquer and aluminum elements
- Stream Spotify Connect, SoundCloud, TIDAL, internet radio via TuneIn & private music collections; Coming soon: Google Cast for audio
- Connects to the TV with a single HDMI cable
Overview of our technologies
Versatile, easy to use, and state-of-the-art –
three of the Sounddeck’s key attributes
It’s obvious how versatile the sounddeck is because of how many ways it can be used. The Sounddeck employs Wellenfeld Technology to play true-to-source sound from your TV, cocooning you in surround sound. Its generous sweet spot ensures the best possible sound from any seating position. The Sounddeck is also well equipped to offer seamless audio streaming through an integrated Wi-Fi Raumfeld module.
It’s also easy to decide where to place your sounddeck in the living room – just slide it under your TV. Connecting is a snap: A single HDMI cable is all you need to connect your devices.
Please note: To be able to use the Raumfeld Sounddeck via the HDMI-ARC/CEC connection, you must first ensure that your television supports HDMI 1.4 with Audio Return Channel.
The Sounddeck displays a timeless design characterized by high quality materials, including a wooden enclosure refined with beautiful matte black or silk white lacquer and brushed aluminum buttons.
The Sounddeck offers true ease-of-use, including a Raumfeld App you can use to control the Sounddeck from anywhere in your home. It also has an included remote control with one-touch buttons for your favorite songs and playlists.
You can listen to music in true CD quality without interruption from calls or messages via the Teufel Raumfeld app. You can stream music from your CD- or record player and listen to it throughout the whole house with another speaker. You can even play music from a smartphone, USB stick or hard drive via the app.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
Tutti i sistemi di streaming Teufel possono essere collegati in rete tra loro grazie alla tecnologia integrata Raumfeld. È possibile ascoltare la stessa musica in sincrono in multiroom da più diffusori o musica diversa in ogni stanza. Grazie all'app Teufel Raumfeld puoi gestire i vari ambienti, raggruppare i singoli altoparlanti Multiroom in un'unica rete, creare playlist individuali e controllare il volume e il suono in ogni stanza tramite l'equalizzatore.
The HDMI-1.4-Standard allows you to easily transmit audio signals. An HDMI cable between the Sounddeck and your television is the only connection you need. The HDMI port also supports CEC – the standard for universal control. This means that if your TV supports the function, you can also use your existing TV remote to control the Sounddeck.
Additionally, the Sounddeck offers a digital-optical input as well as an RCA input. Connect extra devices through these, or use the ports for your TV if needed.
The product offers the same aluminium one-touch preset buttons found on many Teufel streaming devices as a special extra feature on the included remote control. It’s easy to start songs or playlists – from TIDAL, for instance, or your favorite radio station from your couch, with just the touch of a button.
The class D amplifier built into the Raumfeld Sounddeck generates a powerful 280 watt performance from its 6 x 70 mm high-end broadband drivers and two 130 mm subwoofers. The two extremely clean-sounding woofers can reproduce bass down to a 42 Hz low end. And thanks to the high-end D/A converter by Cirrus Logic™, which supports audio files with a resolution of 24 bits and a sampling rate of 192 kHz., you won’t lose a detail, no matter how small.
The Wellenfeld Technology developed by our acousticians in Berlin skillfully controls the powerful DSPs in the Sounddeck’s 6 drivers, allowing it to achieve a very broad, spatial sound experience without altering the original signal. Wellenfeld Technology expands the system's sweet spot, or optimal listening area. The result is an oasis of sound large enough to include everyone in the room.
- Balanced, true-to-source playback of music, movies and television
- An extensive sweet spot
- Immersive sound, without having to set up extra rear speakers
- Good localization of sound events in the room
- High, clear sound levels with maximum speech intelligibility
As a member of the Teufel Streaming family, the Sounddeck offers all the functions you’d expect from Teufel, including seamless audio streaming, internet access to music streaming services, and app control. It also goes without saying that the Sounddeck works in sync with existing players as part of a multi-room system. The Wi-Fi streaming modules – identical modules are included in all our multi-room devices – built into the Sounddeck enables this interaction.
A new Control Room feature in the Teufel Raumfeld app gives you an instant overview of your multi-room system and makes it easy to control. You'll see what’s playing where at a glance and be able to change playback anywhere with just a few taps.
- Teufel Sounddeck Streaming
- Power cable
- 1,5m HDMI-Cable for Sounddeck/Soundbar
- Remote Control RFRC1
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||2|
|Woofer (diameter)||130.00 mm|
|Woofer (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Broadband loudspeakers (number per enclosure)||6|
|Broadband loudspeakers (diameter)||70.00 mm|
|Broadband loudspeakers (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Audio inputs- HDMI||1|
|Compatible with Amazon Echo||Yes|
|Compatible with Google Home||Yes|
|Digital inputs optical||1|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite||25 W|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass||130 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Satellite||20 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Bass||80 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||2 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||320 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Power source||Button cell|
|Number of presets||4|
|Miscellaneous||Button cell included in delivery|
Note: Test refers to an identical previous Raumfeld Sounddeck.
(Translated from German)
See full review at pc-magazin.de
Note: Test refers to identical Raumfeld Sounddeck.
(Translated from German)
See full review at av-magazin.de
Note: Test refers to identical Raumfeld Sounddeck.
(Translated from German)
See full review on hifitest.de
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
When USB storage is attached to the Base your Raumfeld system will automatically begin to scan for new music. You can follow the scan progress under Settings > Music Resources. The following are possible causes as to why your USB storage may not be automatically found:
A) The file system of the disk may not be compatible. We support the following formats:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS+
- EXT2 / EXT3 / EXT4
B) We seldomly have had reports of issues with USB 1.0 devices. We therefore recommend using devices that support USB 2.0.
Connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector (System without Raumfeld Base)
USB storage that has been connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector can only be used for playback in the Raumfeld system if the device is configured as the Raumfeld Host (see Network in the online manual).
Please also note that for first-generation Speakers and Connectors, apart from USB sticks only USB 2.0 storage with its own power supply or USB sticks are supported. These constraints do not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WAV)
It's also a good idea to check the sound setting on your television (or set top box). This should be set to PCM or stereo. If the audio signal travels from the set top box to the product via the television, please make sure that both devices have been correctly configured, or connect the audio signal from the source device to the product directly.
The following settings can be selected:
- Stereo Mode: The sound is similar to that produced by a classic stereo system. Select this mode to enjoy music with a broad stereo soundstage. (Button 1)
- Arena Mode: This mode employs side-mounted drivers to create an especially broad sound panorama. (Button 2)
- Theater Mode: The Theater Mode creates a broad soundstage together with heightened speech intelligibility.
- Voice Mode: This mode elevates the voice frequency range for enhanced speech intelligibility while using the side-mounted drivers to subtly broaden the soundstage. (Button 4)
In order to change the type of connection, open the Teufel Raumfeld app and open the “Room configuration“ option (under Settings/room configuration/room name/device) and change the type of connection to „TV input” in the drop down menu.
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.