Cinebar 52 THX Streaming
- 8 week right of return
- Free & easy returns
- Directly from manufacturer
Overview of our technologies
- Minimum distortion at high levels for a consistently clean, detailed sound
- Broad sound dispersion for the same experience no matter where you sit in the room
- A linear frequency response for playback free from colouration
- High levels capable of filling even larger rooms
Teufel Streaming systems and speaker with bluetooth can be optionally expanded with a device from the Amazon Echo series to allow you to select and enjoy music even more conveniently via Alexa voice control. You can find out more about how this extension works and what you can do with it on the Teufel blog.Learn more
Lost your remote control somewhere in the sofa again? No worries! Control your sound system with voice commands when you connect a Google Home device via Bluetooth.
- A 2-way system with a total of 6 drivers renders dynamic, nuanced, and distortion-free playback with film soundtracks, games, and music.
- Two 25 mm aluminium tweeter emit a clear and powerful upper range with a maximum load capacity.
- Four high-excursion 100 mm midrange drivers produce a warm midrange and a high degree of speech intelligibility even at low volumes.
- A 250 mm bass driver in the bass reflex subwoofer enclosure with double reflex vents produces deep, thundering bass without wind noise even at high volumes.
- A 300 watt class D emplifier in the soundbar + a 250 watt class D amplifier in the subwoofer ensures high levels, extremely low noise and minimal power consumption.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
You can listen to music in true CD quality without interruption from calls or messages via the Teufel Raumfeld app. You can stream music from your CD- or record player and listen to it throughout the whole house with another speaker. You can even play music from a smartphone, USB stick or hard drive via the app.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
- Subwoofer CB 52 SW
- power cable
- Soundbar Cinebar 52 SB
- power cable
- table stand for CB 52 SB
- wall bracket for CB 52 SB
- mono cinch cable for Sounbar CB 52 SB
- Angle bracket adapter HDMI 90° for CB 52 SB
- Angle bracket adapter HDMI 270° for CB 52 SB
- Angle bracket adapter cinch 90° for CB 52 SB
- Angle adapter (rotating) TOSLINK for CB 52 SB
- remote control for Cinebar 52
- Teufel Connector
- Ethernet cable 2m
- power adapter
|Maximum sound pressure level||103 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||120 - 22000 Hz|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||2|
|Tweeter (diameter)||25.00 mm|
|Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||4|
|Midrange driver (diameter)||100.00 mm|
|Midrange driver (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Enclosure surface||Brushed aluminium|
|Net internal volume||11.30 Litres|
|Wall mounting brackets||Yes|
|Keyhole plate mounted||Yes|
|Screw hole diameter||4.00 mm|
|Digital inputs coaxial||2|
|Digital inputs optical||2|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Stereo jack 3.5mm - in||1|
|Bass driver output||1|
|Video inputs- HDMI||4|
|Miscellaneous||3D video support, ARC, CEC|
|Dolby Pro Logic||Yes|
|Dolby Pro Logic II||Yes|
|Dolby Virtual Speaker||Yes|
|Amplifier technology||Class D|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite||150 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Satellite||100 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||0.40 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||400 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
|Radio remote control||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Integrated wall mount|
If placed on the included stand, the Cinebar has a height of 15 cm
|Maximum sound pressure level||101 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||35 - 120 Hz|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||1|
|Woofer (diameter)||250.00 mm|
|Woofer (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Enclosure surface||Laminate, matte|
|Equalisation openings (pos.)||Bottom|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB)||35 Hz|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass||250 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Bass||150 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||0.40 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
|Digital outputs optical||1|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Cinch output stereo||1|
|Miscellaneous||Supports gapless playback|
|Maximum number of items||150.000|
|WLAN encryption||WPA, WPA2|
|Power supply voltage [volts]||230 Volt|
"It quickly becomes apparent that it’s not for nothing that the Cinebar discharges with such strength. It disperses a sound experience that markedly exceeds what one normally associates with the word 'soundbar.' Whether in terms of level stability, volume, 3-dimensionality or overall dynamics, the Cinebar 52 delivers excellent results. This is also attributable to the powerful active subwoofer [...].“
"Voices are very successfully worked into the whole - even with parallel events - and can be easily understood.“
"The musical score is also very well presented and convincingly transports the suspense contained in the plot. The resolution of various effects – splittering glass, collapsing house walls – is exceptional. The result is a truly gripping sound that makes the right cinematic feeling possible with just a single component.”
"The interaction between the soundbar and the subwoofer is exceptional. No disruptive sound gaps could be discerned with even musical material.“
"Of all the conventional soundbars that make use of psychoacoustics in order engender a surround sound, the Teufel Cinema 52 THX has, without a doubt, the best sound. Playing with incredibly high performance with excellent dynamics, dense spatiality and even surprisingly rich details, it’s even possible to enjoy classical music in excellent quality. These features allow the Cinebar 52 THX to occupy a completely exceptional position. Premium workmanship and excellent quality of the materials distinguish the soundbbar and included remote.”
You can read the entire test review (in German) at www.areadvd.de
Price/performance: Very good
"Due to the use of a Cirrus Logic D/A converter chip, the quality of the analog output is very satisfactory. The bass that is delivered to the amplifier is rich and the treble thoroughly nuanced, the stereo image is detailed and is a lot of fun to listen to.”
"Raumfeld systems offer a well-executed introduction to the world of multi-room streaming. [T]he Berliners offer a good system that can be effortlessly extended and which can continue to be enjoyed in the future. Devices with similar qualities [...] can only be found in a higher price class. Ever the Raumfeld Connector²‘s sound is a winner."
Setup and operation of the Raumfeld Connector can be executed via an optional remote control (Raumfeld Controller) or free app for mobile operating systems Android and iOS.
[...] As soon [...] as the setup assistant is finished, it’s easy to play music from USB storage devices and DLNA servers, accessible computers, and music services like TuneIn, Napster, Simfy, or Last.fm. The current firmware can even handle extremely large music libraries (150,000 files) on network drives and USB devices. As one would expect from a high-end network player, high resolution audio files and gapless playback is supported.
The Raumfeld Connector is the perfect partner for systems lacking their own network functionality. The setup is quickly mastered, operating the device is simple, and the sound impressive."
Translated from the original German.
"Those who are not just looking at comfort when it comes to multiroom, but maximum sound quality as well should take a closer look at Raumfeld. The system plays nearly all file formats, including many lossless and high resolution varieties, and therefore guarantees maximum music enjoyment with minimum cabling effort.”
“The basic structure of the network player hasn’t been changed by Teufel: The streamer plays music from UPnP or DLNA certified network servers along with NAS drives as well as the music library from any PC with Windows. It’s even capable of supporting sound formats [...] from USB storage devices connected to the back. Those who require more can tune in to tens of thousands of internet radio stations via the TuneIn service or can log in to his simfy or Napster account or make use of the analogue input. Should one possess more than one Raumfeld device, these signals can be streamed into other rooms. Unlike that first Connector, the new model can process a full 192 kilohertz.”
“It’s fast, easy to operate, sounds good and is inexpensive to boot. With the new Connector 2, Raumfeld gains ground on its main competitors.”
If the Connector is connected to the Wi-Fi, it must be added as a ‘new room.’ For the setup, an Ethernet cable must be attached to the Connector, following which the Raumfeld App can be added. The router password must also be entered. The automated configuration for the Wi-Fi will follow, after which the LAN cable can be disconnected and the Connector2 will be wirelessly connected to the network.”
"The Connector plays MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG and Apple Lossless. A 192 kHz sampling rate is supported which makes the Connector2 compatible with high-resolution audio files. [...] The Connector creates an impressive-sounding playback with 192 kHz FLAC pieces such as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s violin concert (SL Recording) in D minor. The details, clarity, and dimensionality are highly pronounced. The violins as the primary carriers of the song sound brilliant without having too sharp a tone. Even the complex piece ‘La Mer’ by Claude Debussy was captured in a very multifaceted way, including the many small dynamic differences which were accurately produced. The 96 kHz FLAC piece ‘Stop This World’ by Diana Krall has a lively, emphatic quality with a taut bass that is well differentiated in the listening room. Dianas’ voice has a smokey undertone, giving it a charismatic quality.
Depending on how good the D/A converter in one’s amplifier/receiver is, it’s possible to access the digital connection if this is available. In any case, we recommend a listening test before deciding on an analog or digital connection. Especially with older or inexpensive amplifiers/receivers, the use of the Connector’s very good D/A converter can be the better option. Even when bitstreams are transmitted from Internet radio platforms (TuneIn), the Connector ensures a lively, dimensionally rich sound with a high degree of clarity. The reliability of the transmission is very high. It doesn’t matter whether it’s connected to a LAN or Wi-Fi – interruptions are almost never discerned. This is true for the reproduction of Internet music streams as well as sound files from PCs or servers.”
"All told, Teufel offers a highly polished solution that can make hifi systems and older surround receivers fit for the era of modern media. With the exception of Spotify, all relevant music services are integrated and it’s easy to add music resources from PCs, servers, and USB storage devices. Playlists are quickly set up and can then be easily accessed. A free app enables simple handling so that even less experienced users can quickly and easily figure it out. The Connector2 can be connected to the network either with a cable or wirelessly. No Wi-Fi antenna intrudes upon the compact enclosure. The sound that the very compact and therefore easily accommodated Connector makes available is excellent and corresponds with Raumfeld’s claim to offer first-class streaming quality.
Flexible to use and strong on sound – the ultra compact Connector2 delivers on all counts."
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
"All this is contained within an attractive synthetic enclosure the size of a paperback. The device has two analog outputs as well as an optical digital output and a USB terminal for USB storage devices. With the current version of the Connector, 192 kHz and 24 bit are not a problem.”
"If you get tired of your own music, you can always make use of a pre-installed and thereby quickly accessible music service. [...] Thanks to a serious Cirrus Logic converter, the Connector produces an acoustic result that is simply outstanding [...]. A device in this or higher price class should try to beat it. One this is for sure: The Raumfeld system is and remains about the most stable and flexible solution for network streaming.”
"Whoever’s considering streaming but afraid to commit has run out of excuses. The Raumfeld Connector2 is easy to set up and has a sound so rewarding that anyone will be instantly and over the long run happy with it.”
Translated from the original German.
“The Berlin loudspeaker manufacturers and home cinema experts Teufel acquired a highly competent team with Raumfeld GmbH [...]. Since then, smart active speakers with integrated streaming and components that enable an expanded and user-friendly music network have been produced. One thing should be made clear: With respect to network stability, Raumfeld components are ahead of the pack.”
“While many still shy away from networks, IPs, or UPnP servers, there’s no talk of that here. It doesn’t matter what network structure you have at home or where your music is stored. This little box is like an additional player for your system and can be attached via cinch cable or digital Toslink. The network connection is made via LAN or Wi-Fi. [...] Set up is child’s play. All connectors, Raumfeld streaming speakers, and UPnP devices in the network can be configured via the app and then made available to existing music archives.”
“Thanks to the very best Cirrus Logic converter, the sound streamed by the connector is truly amazing. Every type of music is played clearly with fine resolution and solid, highly accurate dimensionality. Another device in this or an even higher price class has yet to reproduce this quality. One thing’s for sure: The Raumfeld system was and remains the most stable and flexible solution for network streaming out there.”
“Whoever’s considering streaming, but is afraid to commit no longer has an excuse. The Raumfeld Connector 2 is so simple to set up and sounds so good that anyone can expect to derive immediate and long-lasting enjoyment from it.”
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3, WMA)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WMA, WAV)
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
The receiver/amplifier must have bass management where the frequencies are distributed for the THX front/centre speakers and the THX subwoofer (cut-off frequency 80 Hz).
Also, the amplifier should exhibit a minimum rating of 100 watt per channel and match the speakers for performance (amplifier sine wave output = approx. long-term load of speaker).
Since THX speakers are optimised to play back multi-channel signals (4 or 5.1 channels), the front speakers permit the precisely staggered and very true to detail spatial playback, while the surround speakers ensure realistic room characteristics.
Both are also ideal requirements for playing back music.
The objective of THX home cinema systems is to play back film soundtracks with as much authenticity and quality as the original mix from the sound studio.
In all studios used for film dubbing, the soundtracks are mixed in a 4-channel version (Dolby Surround) and in a 5.1 channel version. The acoustics, equalizer settings and speaker configurations are absolutely identical.
THX systems are thus always able to play back soundtracks produced in this way absolutely true to the original. Because of the high technical and tonal requirements, the THX standard can be compared with the TÜV (German Technical Control Board) for cinema sound.
As opposed to the THX quality standard, DTS and Dolby Digital are procedures for compressing sound data.
All THX-licensed devices and speakers must demonstrate certain technical properties so that they can play back movie soundtracks produced for cinemas and correspondingly powerful cinema sound systems absolutely true to the original for home cinemas as well. This is only possible up to a certain point with conventional hi-fi systems.
The most important requirements for excellent home cinema sound are:
• That despite the considerable size difference between cinemas and home cinemas, the movie soundtrack can be played back in comparably smaller rooms with the correct tonal balance and three-dimensionality.
• That all sound channels are played back very precisely despite the complexity of a multi-channel soundtrack to be able to precisely locate and allocate all noises and voices.
• That the subwoofer is perfectly coupled to the main speakers.
• That the front speakers are (by sound) identical - indispensable for harmonious sound playback.
THX systems satisfy these requirements perfectly, as they consider all running processes concerning playback while the movie soundtrack is being mixed.
THX currently differentiates three standards for speakers: THX Ultra 2, THX Select and THX Multimedia.
THX Select 2 only applies to AV Receivers/amplifiers.
THX Ultra 2 corresponds to the earlier THX with the uncompromising design of the components.
Comparison of the three THX standards:
• THX Ultra 2: Angle of radiation and frequency response strictly limited requirement, D'Appolito arrangement of speaker systems prescribed.
• THX Select: More generous specifications for angle of radiation and frequency response.
• THX Multimedia: Radiation behaviour corresponds to THX Select.
• THX Ultra 2: Dipoles are compulsory.
• THX Select: Dipoles recommended, but not compulsory.
• THX Multimedia: Direct emitters in every respect.
Subwoofer - transfer frequency
• THX Ultra 2: 80 Hz
• THX Select: 100 Hz
• THX Multimedia: 130 Hz
• THX Ultra: Continuous load 105 dB (front) / 102 dB (surround).
• THX Select: Short term load 105 dB (front) / 102 dB (surround).
• THX Multimedia: 103 dB at the listening location/desk at approx. 50 cm distance.
• THX Ultra 2:
More output performance than normal AV Receivers. Complies with the strictest requirements for minor background noise and minor distortion. Is designed for performance needs of large listening rooms up to 150 m².
• THX Select:
Structure of AV Receiver is simpler and thus more reasonably priced. Less performance required, therefore suitable for smaller and medium-sized listening rooms up to approx. 50 m².
• THX Multimedia:
Pure PC and/or multimedia speakers for use at the computer.
• THX Ultra 2: Arrangement and set-up strictly regulated.
• THX Select: Set-up and arrangement simpler and more flexible.
• THX Multimedia: Set-up of front speakers on the desk, rear speakers to the side and behind where you are sitting.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
The first DVD that supported the new feature was "Fight Club" in the Special Edition by 20th Century Fox (NTSC version). The offer has been continually expanded in the meantime.
The tests, which can be played on NTSC as well as PAL DVDs, consist of video tests that are helpful in optimally setting and configuring the TV or video projector, as well as audio tests that guarantee that the sound system is configured perfectly.
The special thing about these tests is the fact that the measuring signals are identical to the reference signals that were used during the final mixing of the relevant DVD. The home cinema system can therefore be co-ordinated accurately and individually to every single DVD with THX Optimode.
The goal of the entire procedure is that the sound and particularly the picture should appear in the home cinema exactly as the producer imagined. Let's assume the film producer wanted to create a certain mood in the film using specific colouring; this only works in the home cinema if the screen at home is just as co-ordinated as in the studio. Thanks to THX Optimode, that is guaranteed as far as possible.
Operating THX Optimode is just as easy: The software on the DVD includes all of the tests. Individually, these are video tests to set the contrast, brightness, colour, colouring, control of the correct ratio of picture length to picture width and the possibility to test the general qualities of the monitor.
In addition, there are audio tests for the phases of the speakers, connection of the speakers and the cut-off frequency of the LFE (subwoofer channel). Some tests will clearly show when it is necessary to consult a specialist for the settings.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
- A) The Cinebar 52 THX offers many inputs for connecting a range of sources. It may be that the input used in this case is not active.
Solution: Check that the input you are using is connected to an active source.
- B) The Cinebar 52 THX has a mute function. This may be switched on.
Solution: Turn off the mute function.
- C) The volume may be set to “0“.
Solution: Turn up the volume.
Solution: Familiarize yourself with the Cinebar 52 THX’s setting options and experiment until the sound is to your liking. You’ll find more information on page 15 of the system’s instructions.
Don’t forget the subwoofer! The low bass can also be adjusted to suit your individual tastes and room dynamics.
- The subwoofer is connected to a different electrical circuit as the rest of the system.
Solution: Connect the subwoofer and Cinebar 52 THX to the same electrical circuit.
- The droning is caused by disruptions in the electrical network.
Solution: Purchase a mains filter and connect both the soundbar and subwoofer to it.
- The droning is caused by the power strip it’s connected to.
Try using another power strip or connect the subwoofer directly to a wall socket. You can also try using a different socket in the power strip.
Tauschen Sie die neben dem Netzschalter befindliche Sicherung aus. Falls die Power-Diode danach nicht leuchtet, wenden Sie sich bitte an unseren Service. Falls die Power-Diode danach leuchtet, aber kein Ton zu vernehmen ist, verfahren Sie bitte wie unter Punkt 2. beschrieben.
2. Falls die Power-Diode leuchtet:
Drehen Sie den Pegelregler Level am Subwoofer auf »Minimum«, ziehen das Subwoofer-Cinchkabel am Verstärker ab, drehen Level vorsichtig hoch und berühren den Cinch-Heißleiter des Cinch-Kabels (innen) mit dem Finger. Ist nun ein Brummen oder Knacken zu hören, liegt der Fehler beim Receiver oder seinen Einstellungen. Bleibt der Subwoofer stumm, wenden Sie sich bitte an unseren Service.
Lösung: Schalter „AUTO/ON“ auf »Auto« stellen.
The corresponding setting in the speaker set-up must be adjusted individually for each source for many receivers, however, e.g. for CD playback only front without woofer, and front speakers plus woofer for Dolby Surround video playback.
To make sure the subwoofer switches on and off correctly in automatic mode, (to be selected on the corresponding switch of the subwoofer, such as "Auto / On / Off"), we recommend turning the level control on the subwoofer to 1/3 or perhaps to 1/2 and increasing the output level for the sub in the receiver's speaker set-up – sometimes up to the maximum (+10 dB or +12 dB). The subwoofer should then work perfectly.
The maximum position of the output level in the speaker set-up of the AV Receiver is obligatory for some of our models (e.g. the Concept S subwoofer).
You can connect it like a standard speaker system: the five satellites via speaker cable to the corresponding speaker outputs front R/L, rear R/L and centre of the AV Receiver/amplifier and the subwoofer from the front R input via a mono-RCA cable to the Sub Out output on the A/V Receiver/amplifier.
The auto on/standby switch only responds when the front R input is being used! The subwoofer also receives the full subwoofer signal via this channel.
If the AV Receiver/amplifier has preamplifier outputs for all channels (front R/L, rear R/L, centre and subwoofer), the Teufel set can also be connected via three RCA cable pairs to the subwoofer and the satellites via speaker cables to the subwoofer. However, we recommend using the first version.
Even though the LED is still illuminated, the subwoofer is in standby mode. This function can be easily checked by slowly increasing the volume at the receiver/amplifier. You will hear a quiet popping noise when the subwoofer activates itself as of a certain level.
If the satellites are not connected directly to the subwoofer but to the AV Receiver/amplifier via speaker cable instead, the subwoofer performance will increase somewhat; the power amplifiers for the satellites have no function. This enables the subwoofer and satellites to play even more dynamically than if the subwoofer still had to provide the satellites with performance.
The technical background: The subwoofer has a large transformer with a specific wattage. This performance is either distributed to the five satellites and the subwoofer, or you receive a higher performance only for the subwoofer.
If the cabling method is easier for you, then you can alternatively connect one subwoofer to the other. You will need two mono cinch cables - one to connect the subwoofer "Pre Out" on the AV receiver/amplifier to the left line-in input of the first subwoofer, and the other to connect the left line-out output of the first subwoofer to the left line-in input of the second subwoofer.
The volume of the active subwoofer can be controlled so that you can adapt the relationship between the active bass and treble / mid tones to suit the room.
Use your own senses to judge which settings sound best in your room. This switch is especially useful in stereo mode. On the other hand, multichannel amplifiers often have technologies that adjust the subwoofer volume - so when using a multichannel amplifier the controller should first be set at 0dB.
Unfortunately not all stereo receivers can process high sample rates on the optical input. If the Connector sends a signal with a higher sample rate than your stereo receiver is able to process it will not play the signal. Hence there is no sound.
In order to solve this problem the Connector offers the configuration option "Maximum sample rate on optical output". You will find it under Settings > Room Configuration > (Room name of Connector) > Connector.
This option allows you to set the maximum sample rate your stereo receiver is able to process. The Connector will then down-sample material with a higher sample rate to the denoted maximum sample rate.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.