- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- A pair of high-end Hi-Fi bookshelf speakers from Europe's most popular speaker series
- High sound enjoyment for music, film sound and games in smaller rooms
- New: tweeter with phase plug, optimised sound dispersion, fine tuning across all components, more balanced sound, improved workmanship and design
- 2-way system with balanced tuning and uniform sound image
- Bass reflex tubes ensure deep, precise bass
- Fibreglass mid-range driver with phase plug for excellent speech intelligibility
- Large 25 mm tweeter with phase plug and wave guide for a detailed, spatial display
- Suitable for all stereo amplifiers or AV receivers, can be placed on stands, a shelf or wall mounted
For years, the Ultima series has stood for a very good price to performance ratio. You won't get so much sound for such a good price anywhere else. Featuring superior audio technologies, the Ultima speakers deliver a perfectly balanced playback and are suitable for rock, pop, electro, classical and jazz music, as well as gaming and of course films. The new Ultima speakers are recognisable by the logo above the tweeter. They are the successor to the Ultima Mk2 series.
The complete development of the Ultima series, as well as all other speaker series, takes place here in Berlin in our laboratories and special anechoic audio rooms. Optimisation and refinement has been carried out over the years in close cooperation with our design team. Of course, customer feedback continues to act as a crucial factor in the further development of all our products.
The phase plug and waveguide built into the tweeter are unusual features for a product in this price range. They create even crisper sound precision in the high-frequency range.
Phase plug for avoidance of phase shift cancellations resulting in improved transparency and directional behaviour of higher frequencies.
Waveguide for a very precise location of individual sound sources and precise stage imaging of all instruments and voices.
Beautifully finished. Made from sturdy MDF with inner struts. Teufel speakers have a timeless design and long durability.
The smaller Ultima also produces a big sound, because it is full to the brim with the latest speaker technology.
- red rubber feets (4pcs.) for UL 20/40 Mk3 18
- UL 20 Mk3 18 bookshelf speaker (pc.)
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term)||50 Watt|
|Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term)||80 Watt|
|Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m)||87 dB|
|Minimum amplifier output power recommended||20 Watt|
|Maximum sound pressure level||104 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||70 - 20.000 Hz|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||1|
|Tweeter (diameter)||25.00 mm|
|Tweeter (material)||Fabric weaving|
|Bass/Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||1|
|Bass/Midrange driver (diameter)||165.00 mm|
|Bass/Midrange driver (material)||Fibreglass, chrome phase plug|
|Equalisation openings (pos.)||Rear side|
|Removable front cover||Yes|
|Net internal volume||10 Litres|
|Wall mounting brackets||Yes|
|Terminal clamps||Screw terminals, gold-plated|
|Suitable for banana plug||Yes|
|Maximum cable diameter||4.00 mm|
|Crossover frequency internal switch||2600 Hz|
|Miscellaneous||Depth incl. grille. 25,0 cm|
"Overall, the ULTIMA 20 represents a very good start and wins you over with a strong price/performance ratio. The sound is equally transparent, brilliant, lively, clean and with a presence to the front without losing its balance. Of course, larger and more expensive devices can do more, but for rooms up to 20 square meters, this speaker is a good choice. And when it gets bigger, the stereo system can be upgraded to a surround system." Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Read the whole review
We are delighted and say: "Thank you for your vote!
"[...] The Ultima 20 Mk3 offers a shaken sense of balance and also delivers very decent bass for its size [...]."
(Translated from German)
See full review at connect.de
Downloads & support
For Theater 2 and larger systems, we recommend the Teufel cable with 4 mm² cross-section for the front/centre speakers, and the 2.5 mm² cable up to a length of 15 metres for the effect speakers.
Choose a higher cross-section for even greater lengths.
Fully active set do not necessarily need an AV Receiver. The five to seven satellite speakers here are supplied with power by the amplifiers which are installed in the subwoofer in addition to the subwoofer power amplifier. This saves you the costs of a receiver, but it is usually only possible to connect one source to our fully active subwoofer.
Exceptions here are the Concept E2, the Concept E Magnum Digital, the Motiv 5 Digital, the Concept F, the LT2+R and the Concept S+R.
Naturally you can also equip the fully active systems with an AV Receiver at a later point. The connection is then equal to the partially active sets.
Modern AV Receivers offer numerous options for compensating electronically for any compromises in the set up. Generally speaking, the following rule always applies: you can always use our recommendations as a basis for experimenting with what works best for you, acoustically and optically. Let your ears (and eyes) decide!
• Television: A conventional TV set will suffice. Naturally, devices with a 16:9 format are recommended for playing back DVDs.
• AV surround Receiver: This multichannel amplifier with integrated radio and decoder for Dolby Digital/DTS replaces the stereo amplifier. As minimum equipment, the device should have power amplifiers with approx. 5 x 40 watt output.
• DVD player: This devices supplies the video and audio signals, plays back a number of digital formats, also plays music CDs and MP3 files and is connected to the receiver.
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.