Ultima 40 Kombo Streaming
Die Mehrwertsteuersenkung ist für dich.
- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- Powerful hi-fi bundle with Teufel Streamer - WIFI and Bluetooth network player with Cirrus Logic® high-end D/A converter
- Includes Teufel Kombo 62 receiver with remote control, 200 watt, Bluetooth, MP3 player
- Ultima 40 floor-standing speakers in a 3-way design for clear, powerful bass reproduction
- Bluetooth with aptX and NFC for wireless music streaming in CD quality
- Standing loudspeaker Ultima 40, 3-way system for one clear, bass-heavy sound
- Digital radio DAB+ for more for selection of radio stations with crystal-clear sound without distortion
- Extensive connection options, comes with a speaker cable
Overview of our technologies
For years, the Ultima series has stood for a very good price to performance ratio. You won't get so much sound for such a good price anywhere else. Featuring superior audio technologies, the Ultima speakers deliver a perfectly balanced playback and are suitable for rock, pop, electro, classical and jazz music, as well as gaming and of course films. The new Ultima speakers are recognisable by the logo above the tweeter. They are the successor to the Ultima Mk2 series.
The complete development of the Ultima series, as well as all other speaker series, takes place here in Berlin in our laboratories and special anechoic audio rooms. Optimisation and refinement has been carried out over the years in close cooperation with our design team. Of course, customer feedback continues to act as a crucial factor in the further development of all our products.
The phase plug and waveguide built into the tweeter are unusual features for a product in this price range. They create even crisper sound precision in the high-frequency range.
Phase plug for avoidance of phase shift cancellations resulting in improved transparency and directional behaviour of higher frequencies.
Waveguide for a very precise location of individual sound sources and precise stage imaging of all instruments and voices.
The Teufel Raumfeld app lets you listen to music in true CD quality without calls or messages interfering. You can restream music from your turntable or CD player and listen to it throughout the house with an additional speaker. The app also plays music on your smartphone, USB stick or network hard drive. Spotify, for example, can be listened to for free from the Teufel Raumfeld app. A monthly subscription is required for Spotify Premium.
Try the Teufel Raumfeld app
Use Bluetooth to stream any audio, such as YouTube videos, Apple Music or Amazon Music, from your smartphone, tablet, computer or TV directly to your speakers. Our speakers ensure a particularly stable Bluetooth transmission with a long range of up to 15m.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
Port for CD players or other devices, which you can then connect and play in other rooms on more loudspeakers wirelessly via the app.
If you are using more than three devices in the multiroom, you should select one device as the host and run it via LAN cable.
You can connect an amplifier here for a stronger sound.
The reset button resets your device to factory settings.
Connect a USB or hard drive and play the music from the device via the app.
With just one button and the app you can setup the entire system.
Connect the streamer to your stereo setup via the opt out.
Click to connect your speaker to your smartphone or tablet.
Start the app and the speaker turns on. The speaker will automatically turn off when no music is played for a certain time. With the Sleep Timer function you can fall asleep to your music, without having to wake up to turn it off.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
Tutti i sistemi di streaming Teufel possono essere collegati in rete tra loro grazie alla tecnologia integrata Raumfeld. È possibile ascoltare la stessa musica in sincrono in multiroom da più diffusori o musica diversa in ogni stanza. Grazie all'app Teufel Raumfeld puoi gestire i vari ambienti, raggruppare i singoli altoparlanti Multiroom in un'unica rete, creare playlist individuali e controllare il volume e il suono in ogni stanza tramite l'equalizzatore.
No shortcuts were taken when it came to optimising our Ultima speakers. Here are the highlights of the new range:
High-gloss tweeter and matte speaker cabinet
Easy to clean finish with scratch-resistant surface
High-quality fabric mesh with revolving bevel - the frequency response is only minimally affected
Modern, timeless design
The solid, gently curved MDF housing is the result of more than 30 years of Teufel experience and modern speaker technology.
Close-fitting driver for a vivid, balanced sound reproduction
Two large bass reflex tubes with a trumpet tube attachment minimise any current noise - no other manufacturer makes this much effort.
All drivers were measured with a laser using Klippel measurement technology in order to detect the smallest tolerances.
Especially if you're looking for full bass without a subwoofer, this full-range speaker is the right choice. Two large 165 mm fibreglass woofers provide a particularly precise low-frequency reproduction. The long stroke ensures distortion-free playback even at high levels. You don't need an additional subwoofer.
Teufel Streaming systems and speaker with bluetooth can be optionally expanded with a device from the Amazon Echo series to allow you to select and enjoy music even more conveniently via Alexa voice control. You can find out more about how this extension works and what you can do with it on the Teufel blog.Learn more
Lost your remote control somewhere in the sofa again? No worries! Control your sound system with voice commands when you connect a Google Home device via Bluetooth.
- CD Receiver KB 62 CR
- Power cable
- Remote Control KB 62 CR
- FM/DAB-Antenna for KB 62 CR
- speaker cable for KB 62 CR 2 x 5 m
- Floor speaker UL 40 Mk3 18 (pc.)
- Grill with logo for UL 40 Mk3 18 + UL 40 A Mk2
- red rubber feets (4pcs.) for UL 20/40 Mk3 18
- Teufel Streamer
- power adapter
|Digital outputs optical||1|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Cinch output stereo||1|
|Power supply voltage||External network volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||2 watt|
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term)||120 Watt|
|Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term)||200 Watt|
|Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m)||87 dB|
|Maximum sound pressure level||108 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||45 - 20,000 Hz|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||1|
|Tweeter (diameter)||25.00 mm|
|Tweeter (material)||Fabric weaving|
|Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||1|
|Midrange driver (diameter)||165.00 mm|
|Midrange driver (material)||Kevlar, chrome phase plug|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||2|
|Woofer (diameter)||165.00 mm|
|Miscellaneous||Hochtöner mit Phase Plug, Material: Stahl|
|Equalisation openings (pos.)||Rear side|
|Removable front cover||Yes|
|Net internal volume||54 Litres|
|Terminal clamps||Screw terminal, gold-plated|
|Suitable for banana plug||Yes|
|Maximum cable diameter||4.00 mm|
|Suitable for AV receiver||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Base plate dimensions: depth: 35 cm / width: 25 cm|
|Headphone output 6,3mm||1|
|Compatible with Amazon Echo||Yes|
|Compatible with Google Home||Yes|
|Digital inputs optical||1|
|Cinch input stereo||2|
|Stereo jack 3.5mm - in||1|
|Cinch output stereo||1|
|Bass driver output||1|
|High level speaker outputs||1|
|Headphone output 3,5mm||1|
|Miscellaneous||Second USB connection for charging smartphones|
|Miscellaneous||CD tray concealed behind display|
|FM - UKW||Yes|
|Adjustable sound settings||Yes|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||0.40 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||250 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Integrated toroidal transformer|
Zum ganzen Test
"Voice reproduction in music and speech intelligibility in film were at the level of many sets, which cost twice as much. The Berliners also managed the spatial representation and expansion of the imaginary space extremely well."
"The new Ultima 5.1 set proves to be a special offer with an elegant, lively playing style, a really great spatial image and a wide soundstage. [...]"
NB: The Ultima 40 (2018) speaker pair was rated as part of a Ultima 40 Surround 5.1 test.
(Translated from German)
See full review at pc-magazin.de
(Translated from German)
See full review at connect.de
To the full test
See whole test
Note: Product tested as part of a bundle
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) at www.pcgames.de/Technik
"With clear and precise imaging and a charismatic presentation, the set caters to the sort of listeners who are looking for more than background music, those who would rather listen to music consciously and with certain expectations.”
"A clean performance: The Kombo 62 2.0 stereo set has the ability to spontaneously awaken enthusiasm. But even when one [...] gives the set a closer look and listen, the strong performance is to be praised. The receiver looks good, displays excellent workmanship (inside and out) and has very strong levels."
"The Ultima 40 Mk2 was already known to us as a very well made product, and the model we tested here likewise impressed with a homogenous, cultivated and, at the same time, lively sound reproduction as well as a chic look with a high-quality base and pleasantly rounded enclosure edges.”
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) at www.areadvd.de
"With the Kombo 62 set, Teufel presents a complete high-performance hi-fi system that expertly strikes a balance between multiple sources, price/performance and sound quality. Thanks to the solid amplifier and loudspeaker technology, the customer truly gets a sensible listening experience at a fair price.”
Note: Product tested as part of a bundle
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full article (in German) at www.av-magazin.de
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
When USB storage is attached to the Base your Raumfeld system will automatically begin to scan for new music. You can follow the scan progress under Settings > Music Resources. The following are possible causes as to why your USB storage may not be automatically found:
A) The file system of the disk may not be compatible. We support the following formats:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS+
- EXT2 / EXT3 / EXT4
B) We seldomly have had reports of issues with USB 1.0 devices. We therefore recommend using devices that support USB 2.0.
Connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector (System without Raumfeld Base)
USB storage that has been connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector can only be used for playback in the Raumfeld system if the device is configured as the Raumfeld Host (see Network in the online manual).
Please also note that for first-generation Speakers and Connectors, apart from USB sticks only USB 2.0 storage with its own power supply or USB sticks are supported. These constraints do not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WAV)
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.
Bi-wiring states that the corresponding speaker can be controlled at the same time with two different speaker cables, meaning via separated input sockets for the treble and mid-tone range on one hand, and for the bass range of the frequency switch on the other. This could improve the sound even more. Bi-wiring is the prerequisite for bi-amping.
Lösung: Firmware updaten.
Anleitung Firmware-Update: Bitte besuchen Sie unsere Informationseite mit genauer Anleitung.
Lösung: Überprüfen Sie zunächst auf der DAB+Webseite, ob der DAB-Empfang an ihrem Standort bereits zur Verfügung steht*.
Verändern Sie die Position der Antenne und/oder des Gerätes. Wir empfehlen, ggfs. eine aktive Zimmerantenne oder Außenantenne benutzen.
*Beachten Sie, dass ein Empfang auch in einem theoretisch abgedeckten Gebiet aufgrund bestimmter geografischer Lagen (z.B. Tal- oder Berglagen) nicht immer gewährleistet werden kann.
Lösung: Der Kombo 62 Receiver (KB 62 CR) unterstützt die Dateisysteme FAT16 und FAT32. Benutzen Sie ein USB-Speicher mit einem dieser Formate.
Die falsche Quelle ist ausgewählt.
Lösung: Richtige Quelle auswählen (siehe „Quelle wählen“ auf Anleitung Seite 18).
Lautstärke ist zu niedrig eingestellt.
Lösung: Lautstärke erhöhen.
Lautstärke des Zuspielers ist zu niedrig eingestellt.
Lösung: Lautstärke am Zuspieler vorsichtig erhöhen.
Lautsprecherkabel nicht abisoliert.
Lösung: Lautsprecher richtig anschließen (Anleitung Seite 15).