- 8 week trial
- Up to 12 year guarantee
- Free & easy returns
- Audio streaming optimizer for the Raumfeld system, ideal for multi-room setups
- Facilitates lossless wireless audio transmission to multiple playback devices
- Can manage a digital library of up to 200,000 tracks for anytime access via app
- For fast and uncompromised audio transmission with high signal strength
- Easy installation: Simply connect to router via Ethernet cable
- Includes USB port for connecting additional storage systems
Overview of our technologies
After an easy installation process, the Expand automatically connects directly to your WiFi router and communicates the signal without drops or interruptions to each Raumfeld device in your network. The little organizational wonder can also host media storage devices via its USB port, making it possible to stream titles from your digital library. The system's memory can index up to 200,000 titles for anytime access via the Raumfeld Controller App.
Home WiFi signals can be brought to the breaking point by many competing devices, the transmission of larger files or thick walls. The result is often dropped signals and interruptions – irritating hindrances to the enjoyment of your music. The Raumfeld Expand puts your music streams back in the fast lane by creating an autonomous WiFi signal exclusively for your Raumfeld system.
Lossless audio tracks can place a large burden on home WiFi systems which often host a range of other devices from smartphones and tablets to game consoles. To facilitate the best multi-room experience with top quality digital music files, the Raumfeld Expand create a dedicated WiFi network for your music. The system can manage an incredible 200,000 tracks for instant access to your favourites, playlists and other personal settings across a huge range of music via the Raumfeld App.
In addition, the Expand is equipped with a USB port to which even large external hard drives can be directly attached. NAS and DLNA/UPnP media servers containing compatible music files can also be accessed by the system.
Audio streaming without frontiers
Lossless audio presents a challenge to audio streaming because of the large volumes of data involved. In order to cope with bigger quantities of data within a limited broadband, many manufacturers of streaming products compromise the signal. In other words, the lossless files that you select from a service like TIDAL or your private music library is not what is played back. Raumfeld, however, respects the integrity of all music files and does not compress them for easier streaming. The Expand creates the wireless infrastructure needed for streaming the best quality audio without compromise.
Equipped with two adjustable antennas for incredibly reliable and fast transmission, the Expand is perfect for situations where a weak router, thick walls or the use of many streaming devices at once hinders the smooth streaming of larger files. The external placement of the antennas extends the range of the wireless network for music enjoyment without drops or disruptions from multiple Raumfeld players in any room in your home.
Integrating the Expand into your Raumfeld system requires absolutely no prior technical knowledge. Simply connect the device to your WiFi router via the included Ethernet cable and let the system do the rest. The Expand automatically recognizes all Raumfeld players already connected to your router. Additional Raumfeld players can be added to the network with the simple press of a button. A single, discreet LED light keeps the user updated as to the device’s status.
Thanks to its compact dimensions and integrated wall mounts, the Expand is easy to integrate into your home.
- Raumfeld Expand
- Ethernet cable 2m
- wall adapter power supply for Raumfeld Expand
|WLAN Standards||802.11 b/g/n|
|Maximum WLAN range||15,00 m|
|Miscellaneous||Requires an existing Wi-Fi router with a free Ethernet port and internet access.|
|Maximum power consumption||3 watt|
Downloads & support
In order to solve the problem, perform the following steps on your Mac:
* Open System Menu > Software Update... and make sure you've installed the latest software version. Otherwise perform a software update.
* Disable spotlight for the Raumfeld Expand by adding the Expand's "MUSIC" folder to the list of locations under System Settings > Spotlight > Privacy.
Should the speed of access not be improved by these settings, please get in touch with our service team.
We suggest to probe the following solutions step by step. Should the problem persist afterwards, please get in touch with our service team.
- First make sure that the router is connected to the proper port (right network port, labelled "ROUTER"). To connect a computer, always use the network port on the left (labelled with a network symbol).
If you operate the Expand without a connection to your network router make sure that the ROUTER port is free.
- Reboot your network router.
- If the problem persists, check the settings of your network router:
- DHCP must be activated
- The DHCP server should automatically assign IP addresses to computers in the network.
- If you prefer not to enable automatic IP addresses, make sure a static IP address is assigned to each device. Please note that the same IP address must not be assigned to multiple devices.
Should removing the power plug not be sufficient to restore system functionality, please perform the following steps which will recover the Expand. Hereby, all settings and data stored on the internal hard disk of the Expand will be preserved.
Instructions for Expand Recovery
Please first download the file "base.img" and copy it to a USB stick:
Then perform the following steps:
- First remove the Expand's power plug for at least 30 seconds.
- Then, connect the USB stick to the upper USB port of the Expand.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the device while you attach the Expand's power plug in order to start it.
Please press and hold the setup button for 10 more seconds.
- After max. 30 seconds the outer and inner LEDs will start to blink alternatingly. This indicates that the recovery has been started. Please note that the recovery may take up to 5 minutes. After that, the Expand will reboot automatically.
Role of the Raumfeld Expand
- By creating a dedicated Wi-Fi network it provides the bandwidth for a lossless transmission
- By connecting to your home network the Expand is able to access your music stored on a computer or NAS (network attached storage). With the Raumfeld Controller you then have access to your complete digital music library.
- If you own a Raumfeld Expand the size of your music library may exceed 200,000 tracks. Instead, without the Raumfeld Expand, the maximum capacity of your music database is about 50,000 tracks.
Should you wish to extend your system with a Raumfeld Expand, get in touch with our customer service team.
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.