Teufel One S
- 8 week right of return
- Free & easy returns
- Directly from manufacturer
- A compact speaker for all your streaming needs via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Produces an amazingly powerful sound from particularly compact dimensions
- Combine wirelessly with other One S speakers to make a compact stereo pair with room-filling sound
- With Raumfeld technology for Wi-Fi and multi-room streaming from services like Spotify, internet radio and music stored on a local network, easily controlled via the Teufel Raumfeld app
- With Bluetooth for direct audio streaming from Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify and many other services
- On-device controls for Play/Pause, Skip and volume control plus preset buttons for instant access to radio stations and playlists
- Sleep timer, energy-saving function and additional line-in for connecting to CD- or record-players, two One S can be connected as a stereo pair
- Available in black or white
Overview of our technologies
You can listen to music in true CD quality without interruption from calls or messages via the Teufel Raumfeld app. You can stream music from your CD- or record player and listen to it throughout the whole house with another speaker. You can even play music from a smartphone, USB stick or hard drive via the app.
Use Bluetooth to stream any audio, such as YouTube videos, Apple Music or Amazon Music, from your smartphone, tablet, computer or TV directly to your speakers. Our speakers ensure a particularly stable Bluetooth transmission with a long range of up to 15m.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
No more hassle. The Teufel One S gives you more than enough options to leave your phone in your pocket and keep your focus on what matters, the music.
- Line In
Connect to CD players or other devices and stream in other rooms with another speaker via the app.
Click to connect the speaker to your smartphone or tablet.
You can set up the whole system with one button and your app
The reset button restores your system to factory defaults.
Here you can connect a USB stick or hard drive and play the music stored on it via the app.
If you are using more than three devices in the multi-room setting, you should name one device as a host and operate it via LAN cable.
Start the app and the speaker goes on. If no music is played for some time, the speaker will turn off automatically. And the sleeptimer function allows you or your little ones to be gently lulled to sleep.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
Teufel Streaming systems and speaker with bluetooth can be optionally expanded with a device from the Amazon Echo series to allow you to select and enjoy music even more conveniently via Alexa voice control. You can find out more about how this extension works and what you can do with it on the Teufel blog.Learn more
Lost your remote control somewhere in the sofa again? No worries! Control your sound system with voice commands when you connect a Google Home device via Bluetooth.
|Maximum sound pressure level [dB/1m]||102|
|Acoustic principle||2-way system|
|Enclosure type||Closed / passive membrane|
|Diameter of the stand screw threads [mm]||6|
|Wall mounting brackets||Yes|
|Screw hole diameter [mm]||6|
|Stereo jack 3.5mm - in||1|
|Maximum number of items||200.000|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite [W]||5|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass [W]||35|
|Power supply voltage [volts]||External network|
|Standby-Power consumption [watt]||2|
|Maximum power consumption [watt]||48|
"The Teufel One S is a very compact Wi-Fi speaker that can be hung on the wall without any problems thanks to its fairly flat design. The buttons on the speaker not only controls the volume as usual, there are also three pre-set buttons for saving favourite Internet radio stations, playlists or albums. Most importantly, the small speaker doesn't have deep bass, as expected, but it does everything else really well. Hardly any other competitor sounds so balanced in this size."
"In addition to Internet radio and your own music from your smartphone or other sources on your home network, the Teufel app offers access to streaming services such as Tidal, Wimp and others. Spotify can also be played via the Teufel speakers, as usual via the Spotify Connect function. The music is then not selected in the Teufel app, but in the Spotify app. The Teufel One S can then be selected as a loudspeaker. The little devil also masters Bluetooth, but the Wi-Fi connection sounds better."
(Translated from German)
See full review at computerbild.de
[...] The speakers are the front and sides of the unit. At the rear near the base are seven buttons and inputs in a line. The top has a line of nine not that easy to read buttons the pale grey markings are on a black background and only really clear in a good light.
[...] It uses the same Raumfeld/Teufel App as the One M and has all the same features which I described in that item. If using a USB stick or listening to an Internet radio station your mobile is not required once things are set, the phone can go out of range or be switched off and the music continues, however you would lose knowing what is currently playing as your phone would be the method of displaying the song title etc.
[...] For a smaller sibling the One S still has a good sound and volume level and as it is quite a lot cheaper could be a very good buy.
See more at gadgetspeak.com
"It's incredible how Teufel managed to pack so much sound into such a compact speaker as the One S. Have you ever heard Google Home or Amazon Echo? If yes, imagine that sound a couple of notches better, with a deeper bass, clearer high tones and more detailed mids. Of course, the One S can't get a 60m² living room to quake, but it's more than powerful enough for a smaller apartment or kitchen!"
“The software and the Raumfeld eco-system are also good. Whether you want to play your favourite radio station, music via Spotify, from a USB stick, a local NAS or even from your smartphone, it’s not a problem for the One S because it offers a wide range of control options.”
“Integrated Bluetooth is a new feature and provides even more options. You can use the One S as a high-quality Bluetooth speaker.”
“The whole thing sounds extremely positive, but are there any criticisms? Only very few, since the Teufel One S is really an excellent and well-rounded product, and absolutely worth recommending.”
“[…] The Teufel One S offers a better sound than all the smart home speakers I've heard so far! The One S is rather something for the modern purist who is looking for a good sound and modern control options, but does not need or want a speech assistant or similar feature. If you're really into music, the One S, at around €250, can be recommended without hesitation!” (Translated from German)
See full review at techtest.org
“The technology inside is made up of a Class-D amplifier with two channels and a power output of 5 Watts for the satellites and 35 Watts for the subwoofer. For control, multi-room operation and playback of streaming media, the One S connects to the home router via Wi-Fi [...]”
“As usual with multi-room systems, the user can play the same or different music on all networked speakers in the house. It is also possible to couple two One S as a stereo pair. The system is controlled by an app available for Android and iOS. For rudimentary operation, however, the speaker itself also has buttons for play/pause, adjusting the volume and three direct selection buttons to access selected radio stations, playlists or other music at the touch of a button.”
“As with most multi-room systems, the operating app is also used for initial setup, which can be completed quickly thanks to the appropriate wizard. The app itself is clearly laid out and provides quick and convenient access to the available streaming services and all audio files added via USB, NAS, smartphone or music server.”
“In the test, the One S connected to the router reliably and played without disconnection. Playback of music via USB memory stick, AUX input, streaming services, and smartphone all worked fine.”
“As with the first One S, the new version also offers full sound from a small device. Not only does the speaker sound well balanced, detailed and clear with a rich bass section and crisp, but it also doesn't sound too high and can be fine-tuned with a 3-band EQ - if desired, the cabinet can also play at high volumes without the sound being weakened.”
“Like its predecessor, the new One S is a very good-sounding Wi-Fi speaker. Thanks to the USB port, AUX input, available streaming services and the ability to integrate network storage and media servers, the user can choose from a wide variety of sources.”
Translated from German
See full review at techstage.de
"The app and the multi-room concept are sophisticated and impressive." (Translated from German)
See full review at connect.de/audio
"[…] for those who love spectacular effects and a really deep bass, the Teufel One S is very well served in this class. […] It can be used not only in a network with Wi-Fi or LAN, but also with Bluetooth or AUX.”
"Otherwise the software, and therefore the operation, takes a big step forward. Starting with the delayed reaction, which in earlier times also disturbed me when controlling the volume of the Raumfeld system, up to the operating concept and the installation [...], Teufel is now very close to Sono's top dog.”
(Translated from German)
See full review at lowbeats.de
"The Teufel One S surprises [...] with a balanced, airy sound, which rests on a powerful but not exaggerated bass foundation.”
NB: Quotes refer to a "two-page test" of Teufel One S and Teufel One M from Audio Test. See full test report in Digital Tested.
See full review at av.de
"If you have two One S speakers, you can also connect them to as a stereo system via the app. However, the most interesting feature of several devices is certainly the multi-room function thanks to Raumfeld technology. This works via Wi-Fi as well as externally connected USB sticks/hard disks or AUX sources."
"[…] the sound is very good for me. Especially when you think of the limited volume of the One S. Teufel once again manages to excite me with the very differentiated sound and high sound details. Even at maximum volume, levels are stable and there is very little distortion in the bass.”
"With the third generation of the One S, Teufel has once again hit the mark. [...] Both in sound and connectivity."
(Translated from German)
See full review at aptgetupdate.de
(Translated from German)
See full review at androidmag.de
"And that brings us to the surprising side of the One S: it sounds more balanced and natural than almost any other speaker of this size, much more transparent and less dependent on the listening position than a Sonos One S, for example. The highs are clear and unobtrusive, the mid-tones are unadulterated and clean."
(Translated from German)
See full review at welt.de
"The Teufel One S already sounds very good in the factory, but can be adjusted in the equaliser according to your own preferences if necessary. Teufel states on the website that the mid-range driver should provide warm, natural mid-range. I can absolutely confirm that. The mids sound very good, and vocals are reproduced very clearly. The same applies to the treble, the tweeter delivers very good work and convinces with its detailed reproduction."
"Soundwise, the compact Teufel One S [...] is impressive."
(Translated from German)
See full review at testr.at
"In stark contrast to the compact dimensions, the built-in Class-D amplifier has a powerful 40-Watt output power. A maximum of 102 dB of sound pressure is released and the housing is closed. Thanks to passive diaphragm technology, more power is achieved in the bass range. The 1.3 kg One S comes with an external power supply."
"The Teufel One S is completely convincing acoustically. Clear, powerful and with amazing volume, we quickly appreciate the small active loudspeaker from Berlin. Its excellent workmanship also contributes to the 'feel-good factor'. It looks nice and is easy to store, as its compact dimensions mean it is in the right place even when space is at a premium. It is also very good that two One S can be coupled to form a stereo speaker pair. It's also a good thing that Teufel, unlike with previous generations, has now integrated Bluetooth."
(Translated from German)
See full review at areadvd.de
"Technically speaking, with the One S you get everything that is up-to-date today - integrated Wi-Fi, LAN, AUX-IN, USB and Bluetooth should leave nothing to be desired. Multi-room control is also standard, as is coupling to a stereo speaker pair. It supports all common streaming services like Spotifiy, TuneIn, SoundCloud, Last.fm etc. and of course everything else you can run via DLNA/SMB in your network."
"The One S is available[...] and I would definitely recommend it."
(Translated from German)
See full review at androidkosmos.de
Downloads & support
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.