Overview of our technologies
The new One MThe first Raumfeld One M received rave reviews from technical journals: AudioVideo Foto Bild magazine named it a "Price-performance champion“ (January 2013), SFT rated it as being "very good“ (July 2012), Connected Home rated it as "good” (August 2012), and Digital Tested as “very good” (February 2012). The new One M is even better.
120 wattsgive the One M plenty of power reserves for filling even larger rooms with hi-fi sound. An authentic 2-way system with 5 drivers including subwoofer and a low noise class D amplifier create a sound that is rich in details accompanied by powerful, punchy bass.
Four preset buttons on the device can be programmed for the direct selection of music from your favourite streaming service or your own digital music library. This circumvents the need for the app - perfect for sleepy mornings.
Listen to music via TuneIn (world-wide internet radio with local stations), popular streaming services such as Spotify Connect as well music from your home network or that stored on USB storage devices or DLNA and UPnP enabled devices. Wirelessly access music as well as Raumfeld software updates from Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The free Raumfeld App provides additional features for play lists, EQ settings, favourites, search functions, etc. It is also possible to stream additional signal sourcies by activating the line input.
Who hasn’t dreamt of having access any music in any room? Raumfeld technology makes this dream a reality. Since the One M is compatible with all other Raumfeld devices, it can be expanded as part of a multi-room system.
The Raumfeld One M’s amazing sound is backed up by quality workmanship: A graphite cover contrasts beautifully with the elegant matte silk white enclosure. Preset buttons and volume regulator in the front are all fashioned from brushed aluminium.
Setup is super easy – no additional devices other than a Wi-Fi router are necessary.
Test the One M for up to 8 weeks without obligation.
Selecting and controlling playback is effortless thanks to a free app. No additional devices such as amplifiers or AV receivers are required – simply plug the speakers in, connect to the home Wi-Fi and enjoy. All speakers were designed by experienced acousticians in our Berlin headquarters.
Music from every source
Multiroom & multi-music
The Raumfeld App
|Maximum sound pressure level||102 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||62 - 20000 Hz|
|Tweeter (number per enclosure)||2|
|Tweeter (diameter)||25.00 mm|
|Bass/Midrange driver (number per enclosure)||2|
|Bass/Midrange driver (diameter)||65.00 mm|
|Bass/Midrange driver (material)||coated cellulose|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||1|
|Woofer (diameter)||130.00 mm|
|Enclosure type||Bass reflex|
|Enclosure material||thick-walled synthetic|
|Enclosure surface||varnish, matte|
|Equalisation openings (pos.)||back|
|Net internal volume||6 Litres|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Supported samplingrates||up to 192 kHz (needs high bandwidth|
|Miscellaneous||supports gapless playback|
|WLAN encryption||WPA, WPA2|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB)||62 Hz|
|Amplifier technology||Class D|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite||32 W|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass||56 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Satellite||25 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Bass||50 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||2 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||150 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Storage for settings when disconnected||Yes|
All four allocatable preset buttons are positioned on the One’s aluminium panel that extends fully across the front. Either favourite radio stations, playlists or streaming services [...] can be saved on them. This is very practical because the speaker can now be made to play music without having a smartphone in hand.“
Raumfeld One: Set up
"Setting up the Raumfeld One takes only a few minutes, even by non-computer geeks. This can mostly be attributed to the extremely well designed and imminently functional Raumfeld App […]"
Raumfeld One: Listening test
"Lively, yet with consistently clear playback, the Raumfeld One quickly shows what’s it’s made of. The level stability is especially impressive [...] In general, the sheer joy with which the Raumfeld One sets to work can be described as thoroughly bold and yet velvety at the same time. Without getting on one's nerves, the treble and midrange is clear and shines with an accurate reproduction of vocals with a performance grounded in a plentiful helping of bass. [...] Frequency gaps or other problems are not encountered.“
"The highly modern One speaker system is flexible in terms of setup and use. To top it off, it’s also a true all-round talent when it comes to selecting musical input. Above all, the opulence in the bass range allows the Raumfeld One to play up in a rather big and powerful way in spite of its compact dimensions. Or, to put it another way: The new Raumfeld One not only performs like a double expresso, it’s the ‘Dolce Vita’ when it comes to daily music listening.”
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
"I’ve had the opportunity to work with many wireless speaker systems over the years [...].
The Raumfeld One M is the best I've heard to date, at least in the $500 price range."
By: Brad Moon
Read the full article on: http://www.forbes.com/
"If there’s one thing that the One M excels at over everything else, it’s easily the sound quality. The sound pumped out of the One M’s 5-driver setup is seriously impressive. Even at low volume levels, the speaker filled my entire office with crystal clear sound."
By: Jeff Benjamin
Read the full article on: https://9to5mac.com
"With its programmable preset buttons, it’s the modern interpretation of a kitchen radio. But even when it comes to sound quality, the One M is impressive in every respect.”
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
"[...]its bass response is more than you might expect from such a compact speaker."
You can read the full test review here >
"The Raumfeld One M provides big sound in a compact speaker system..."
"Aside from the 130mm subwoofer, the One M comes with two 25mm tweeters and two 65mm midrange drivers and a 120 watt stereo amplifier – all safely enclosed within the chunky frame.
All this means that you have a small package that delivers velvety, room-filling sound. The Raumfeld One M won’t embarrass you if you’re having a party. Not one jot. With rich bass and a wince-inducing top level volume, it’ll impress you and your friends in any reasonably sized room.
There’s more to it than volume alone. Sound is smooth and balanced, with a deep, yet well-managed, bass – you can tweak equaliser settings if it's too lively, something we only needed to do with the bassiest of tracks. Best of all it works well with whatever genre we threw at it.
The synth on Leftfield’s Universal Everything draws you in while the bass manages to rattle teeth, whereas Damon’s Albarn’s vocals are crisp and clear on Blur’s most recent album, The Magic Whip. The same is true of the classics from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack with Hooked On A Feeling sounding fresh and fun.
There’s very little to fault with the One M at high volume. The high end gets a little harsh, but only at the very loudest levels. You’ll find it hard to get better sound than this at the price or size.
Should I buy the Raumfeld One M?
If you don’t mind spending a little extra and want the best sound quality possible in a small speaker system then the One M is a great option, especially if you want to use it as a TV speaker. It puts some soundbars we’ve tested to shame."
You can read the full test review here >
"Łączność WiFi i aplikacje są świetne, ale One M jest przede wszystkim głośnikiem i to tu tak naprawdę błyszczy."
"Dźwięk jest krystalicznie czysty, nie przeszkadza temu ani wzmocniony bas, ani nawet poziom głośności, który sprawia, że trzęsą się ściany. Jakość jest doskonałą ze standardowym formatem plików mp3 320 kbps, ale jeśli masz abonament do Tidala HD lub swoją muzykę w bezstratnych formatach FLAC lub ALAC, wtedy będziesz mógł rozkoszować się subtelnościami i detalami, których nie zauważałeś wcześniej."
"One M konkuruje z Sonos Play: 3 i Bose SoundTouch 20, ale oferuje znacznie lepszą jakość dźwięku i poziomu głośności, co sprawia, że nie mamy wątpliwości co do rekomendacji. W jego przedziale cenowym nie ma lepszego kompaktowego głośnika wi-fi na rynku. Konkurencji będzie bardzo ciężko udoskonalić swoje produkty tak, żeby osiągnąć podobną jakość dźwięku w tej cenie. Polecamy!"
You can read the full test review here >
Price / performance: Very good
Translated from the original German.
You can read the full test review (in German) here >
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3, WMA)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WMA, WAV)
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
*Currently only WMA files encoded with the regular WMA codec are supported. WMA Lossless, WMA Pro and WMA Voice are not supported.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.