- Wi-Fi soundbar with active wireless subwoofer & easy setup
- Innovative Wellenfeld technology produces a broad 3D soundscape
- With Raumfeld technology for Wi-Fi and multi-room streaming from Spotify & Co., Internet radio, music via USB/NAS and Chromecast built-in
- Available in black or white
- 9 high-end drivers deliver powerful, precise sound with deep and punchy bass
- The subwoofer can be wirelessly controlled; the soundbar is connected to the TV via a single HDMI cable
- Sleeptimer, energy saving function, additional line-in connection for CD players or record players
Overview of our technologies
You can listen to music in true CD quality without interruption from calls or messages via the Teufel Raumfeld app. You can stream music from your CD- or record player and listen to it throughout the whole house with another speaker. You can even play music from a smartphone, USB stick or hard drive via the app.
You can stream Spotify via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and also use Spotify Connect independently to benefit from the features of the Spotify app. You can quickly change the audio output from your smartphone to the speakers without pausing.
Connect a USB stick or hard drive to your Teufel Streaming speaker and play your own music library using the Teufel Raumfeld app. Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, Flac, Ogg Vorbis, ASF, WMA, M4A with AAC or Apple Lossless. Up to 24 bit/96 kHz. Find more information in the streaming manual.
The product offers the same aluminium one-touch preset buttons found on many Teufel streaming devices as a special extra feature on the included remote control. It’s easy to start songs or playlists – from TIDAL, for instance, or your favorite radio station from your couch, with just the touch of a button.
Note: To use the soundbar via the HDMI-ARC/CEC connector, make sure your TV also supports this standard (HDMI 1.4 with ARC). Alternatively, you can connect the TV via a digital-optical connection.
Our sound engineers developed Wellenfeld Technology for generating a surround sound experience from a compact enclosure. Using a lightning-fast DSP chip and sophisticated algorithm, the Raumfeld Soundbar’s 6 drivers are expertly guided in the creation of an immersive, 3-dimensional sound image.
Unlike virtual surround technologies, the algorithm used for the Teufel Soundbar Streaming doesn't rely on psychoacoustics. Instead, the 6 drivers to work together in such a way that the entire room is actually filled with 3D sound that extends far beyond the size of the system for a thrilling home cinema experience anywhere you sit.
The Soundbar’s dynamic, enveloping sound is supported by the Raumfeld Subwoofer. Like the soundbar, the active sub is also equipped with a Class-D amplifier for firing its 3 bass drivers with 200 Watts. A 35 Hz low end ensures that movie soundtracks can be felt as well as heard. The use of 3 smaller high-excursion drivers instead of a single large woofer makes it possible to give the subwoofer its compact design. Not your typical boxy sub, the subwoofer can be slid under a sofa in a horizontal position or even hung vertically behind a sideboard. This amazing advantage comes at no cost to performance. Deep and punchy bass that is never “boomy” or muddy is what you can expect.
- Teufel Soundbar Single
- 1,5m HDMI-Cable for Sounddeck/Soundbar
- Remote Control RFRC1
- Teufel Subwoofer
|Maximum sound pressure level||102 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||160 - 20000 Hz Hz|
|Broadband loudspeakers (number per enclosure)||6|
|Broadband loudspeakers (diameter)||70.00 mm|
|Broadband loudspeakers (material)||Cellulose|
|Enclosure material||MDF, lacquered|
|Keyhole plate mounted||Yes|
|Screw hole diameter||5.00 mm|
|Miscellaneous||Pre-assembled stand, wall bracket included in delivery|
|Audio inputs- HDMI||Yes|
|HDMI Version||1.4 B|
|Digital inputs optical||1|
|Miscellaneous||HDMI supports ARC/CEC|
|Cinch input stereo||1|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Satellite||180 W|
|Power output capacity sinus (RMS) Satellite||150 W|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Standby-Power consumption||2 watt|
|Maximum power consumption||200 watt|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
|Power source||Coin cell battery|
|Miscellaneous||Battery included in delivery|
|Miscellaneous||If the Soundbar is placed on the pre-assembled stand, the height is 11.3 cm.|
|Maximum sound pressure level||102 dB/1m|
|Frequency range from/to||35-200 Hz Hz|
|Woofer (number per enclosure)||3|
|Woofer (diameter)||130.00 mm|
|Woofer (material)||Cellulose, coated|
|Miscellaneous||Extreme stroke capability|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB)||35 Hz|
|Lowest frequency (-3 dB)||35 Hz|
|Input gain adjustment||Yes|
|Miscellaneous||Wireless input (Sub Connect) - retrofittable|
|Power output capacity impulse (peak) Bass||240 W|
|Miscellaneous||DSP from analogue devices|
|Power supply voltage||230 volts|
|Mains cable - IEC connector (non-heating device)||Yes|
• Radio remote control in brushed aluminum
• Innovative Wellenfeld technology for optimum spatial sound
• Extensive streaming functions
Test refers to previous identical Raumfeld Soundbar.
See full review at vergleich.org
Note: Test refers to previous identical Raumfeld Soundbar
(Translated from German)
See full review at heimkino-magazin.de
"The soundbar is not just for Hi-Fi enthusiasts, users who value design and a chic look paired with the latest technology will also enjoy the soundbar. We would definitely recommend the system due to a consistently positive impression."
Note: Test refers to previous identical Raumfeld Soundbar
(Translated from German)
See full review at hifi-journal.de
Downloads & support
A Loss of WLAN Signal
The constant loss of a device's Wlan signal even at high signal strength is due to interferences with other wireless networks. By changing the Wlan channel, you eliminate this interference and can fix this issue. Should your system contain a Raumfeld Base simply try out different channels as described in the online manual (Modifying of the Channel Setting (Raumfeld Base)) and see if the signal strength becomes steady. Access points from other manufacturers usually offer an according configuration option in their administration interface.
Alternatively you may contact our service team, which is happy to assist you with the detection of the best channel available.
B Constant Low Signal Strength
If the signal strength of individual wireless devices is constantly beneath 50%, steps should be taken to upgrade the Wlan reception of the device and therewith the music playback reliability. In most cases it is sufficient to reduce the distance or the number of obstacles between your Raumfeld Base and your playback device. Simply check out if the reception increases when positioning the devices at different places.
In general, the less walls and ceilings between the devices, the better the reception is. Thick walls made from concrete or clay brick will especially abate the signal. Often a relocation of a few centimeters is enough to bypass any problems.
Mind the following advice that accounts for both, systems with Raumfeld Base or systems that are run with an access point from another manufacturer:
- Position the Raumfeld Base or the third party access point you utilise rather high up, on a cupboard for example. Make sure there's some space towards the wall. Do not position the device on the floor or in a corner.
- If you make use of a wireless phone there may be interferences with the wlan signal. Therefore, do not position the Base or the third party access point you utilise right next to the phone's base station.
- Set up the devices in a way that ensures there are a minimum amount of obstacles inbetween your access point and the playback device. Avoid setting up the Raumfeld devices in alcoves or behind prominent corners.
- Make sure there are no large-scale metal bodies between the access point and playback devices (e.g. radiators or fridges)
- Large plants may also block the signal due to their moisture content and should not be between the access point and playback devices.
- Start up all devices and opening the Teufel Raumfeld App.
- The main menu can now be called up on the app screen by briefly swiping to the right.
- First select "Settings" in the main menu, then menu item "System maintenance" and finally "Updates". By simply tapping on the "Check for updates" button, the device will automatically start to search for and download the latest version.
- After the download is complete, the update can be re-started by pressing the button again. This takes a maximum of about 3-5 minutes. Afterwards, TuneIn can be used again as usual.
In order to do so, go to My Music > Recently Added and tap the button "Update music index" on bottom of the list. Alternatively, visit Settings > Music Resources and activate a scan for new music on the music resource you've copied the music to.
Under Settings > Music Resources there is also an option to make your Raumfeld System check for new music every day. A manual scan is then not necessarily required.
Solution: Add the Teufel Raumfeld app to your standby exception list, also known as your device’s “whitelist.” To do this, go to “Settings” in your Android menu and then “Apps,” “Advanced,” “Battery optimization,” “All apps” and “Raumfeld.”
- Leave the crossover frequency on the default setting if you are satisfied with the sound or if the Teufel Streaming subwoofer is located close to the soundbar (recommended).
- If the subwoofer is placed at the side or at the back of the room, it is possible that the overall sound may no longer be harmonious. In this case, try changing the crossover frequency in the app until you are satisfied with the sound.
- If, for example, the sound image of the soundbar is too thin, reduce the crossover frequency. If the bass sounds too flat, increase the crossover frequency.
- You can also adjust the subwoofer volume separately.
- Connect the analogue or digital output of the Connector to an appropriate input of your home cinema amplifier
- Connect an analogue output of your amplifier to the analogue input of the Connector
- to listen to music from your Teufel Streaming system via your home cinema system
- to stream the audio signal of TV series or movies into other rooms of your house
Please note that when reinstalling the firmware all device settings are lost.
Here you will find advice on reinstalling the firmware of the following devices:
Reinstalling the firmware in our online manual
USB storage devices that are connected to another Raumfeld device than the host can not be integrated as music resources.Please also note that apart from USB sticks, first-generation Speakers, Ones or Connectors support usb hard disks with their own power supply only. This constraint does not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
USB storage devices with the following formats are supported:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS +
- EXT2 / EXT 3 / EXT 4
Sharing of the iTunes music and playlists on a network share
Your iTunes music and playlists remain on your computer and Raumfeld accesses the files via the network. Please note that they are only available if the computer is turned on.
Alternative methods for systems with a Raumfeld Base:
Copying of iTunes music and playlists onto the Raumfeld Base
Your iTunes music and playlists correspond to the status in iTunes at the time of copying onto the Raumfeld Base. However, you have the option to copy the data again at a later time in order to thereby update it.
Use of the Raumfeld Base as the iTunes Media folder location
Your music library is centrally stored on the Raumfeld Base and iTunes accesses it via the network. Provided that your computer is connected to the home network you will feel no difference to using your iTunes with a locally-stored media library. This method is therefore particularly suitable for desktop computers. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-music-resources.html
Teufel Streaming is easy to use, thanks to the development by usability experts and constant consultation with users. Whatever function you want to use you will always reach your goal within a few steps.
Teufel Streaming is complete. Teufel Streaming is a complete multi-room audio system. Third party devices (speaker, data storage, computers) are not necessary in order to use Teufel Streaming.
Compatible playlist formats: WPL, M3U, PLS, iTunes playlists
Please note that there may be structural bottlenecks in the Wi-Fi transmission of lossless formats. If your music library consists mainly of very large FLAC, Apple Lossless or WAV files, we recommend connecting your Teufel Streaming host device via network cable or using the optional Raumfeld Expand.
- Embed the artwork within the music file
- Save the artwork in the album's folder
Embedding the artwork in the music file
Most media players and special "tagging" applications can be used to embed album artwork in music files.
Saving the cover in the album's folder
If all tracks of an album are stored in their own folder you can simply move the artwork image file to that folder. The Teufel Streaming system will then associate the image file with the album.
Supported image formats, size and resolution
We recommend the usage of JPEG images (300x300 pixels, 72 dpi).
Of course, other image formats (PNG, GIF) and sizes are also supported.
Most MP3 players may additionally be connected to the Raumfeld Base via USB. Should your system not contain a Raumfeld Base you may connect the MP3 player via USB to your Speaker or Connector.
Please note: As the music library on iPods and iPhones is not directly accessible for third party manufacturers, iPods and iPhones can only be connected via their analogue audio output.
- Use your file management application to navigate to the folder that contains the playlists file (.wpl, .m3u, .pls oder iTunes Music Library.xml). It doesn't matter if it is stored on the Raumfeld Base, USB storage or a network share.
- Delete the playlist file
If the playlist file was stored on a network share, you have to manually initiate a rescan of the network share in order to see the changes in Playlists > Imported. Find out more: https://manual.teufel.de/en/online-manual-scanning-of-music-resources.html.
- iTunes Playlists (iTunes Music Library.xml)
- Windows Playlists (*.wpl)
- M3U Playlists (*.m3u)
- PLS Playlists (*.pls)
Third party UPnP/AV internet radios that are operated with Raumfeld may have less than perfect synchronisation. When positioned in different rooms, however, there is still no echo to be heard.
1) It’s possible that your home Wi-Fi is unable to recognise the device due to certain settings on your Wi-Fi router.
Solution: You can enable your Wi-Fi to recognise the device by directly connecting the Teufel Streaming device to your router via Ethernet cable and repeating the setup process.
2) Other active network devices may prevent your Wi-Fi router from recognising the device. Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or Wi-Fi network for the duration of the Teufel Streaming setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your Wi-Fi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
3) The use of switches, repeaters and additional access points within your home Wi-Fi network can hinder device recognition. Solution: Either restart all additional network devices or turn off these devices for the duration of the setup process.
4) If you use a cordless phone over a landline (DECT) and have this phone in the vicinity of your router or Teufel Streaming device, it may be disrupting your Wi-Fi signal. This is because both DECT and Wi-Fi use the same 2.4 GHz signal.
Solution: Relocate your DECT base station or switch off your DECT telephone for the duration of the setup process.
1) The setting "Smart network change" switches the smart device to the mobile network whenever the WiFi signal becomes too weak. Since Teufel Streaming requires a continuous Wi-Fi connection, this setting cannot be used.
2) The "Auto IP Support" function determines when the home Wi-Fi network does not support DHCP (the automatic assignation of a network address). Although a very useful feature, Auto IP Support cannot be used with the Teufel Streaming system. This is because Teufel Streaming devices need to be assigned an IP from the router in order to independently communicate with the home network and internet.
Solution: The Android functions "Smart network change" and "Auto IP Support" should be deactivated. Next, ensure that your router allows for DHCP and then repeat the setup process.
Solution: Deactivate all devices (such as smart TVs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, AV receivers, media servers) that use your LAN or WiFi network for the duration of the setup process. Before beginning a new setup process, be sure to restart your WiFi router and complete the setup using a single smartphone.
Please note that the processes carried out during the notification "Configuring device..." may take a few minutes to complete. We therefore ask for patience in order to ensure that the setup is indeed experiencing difficulty completing and that your smartphone does not go into standby mode.
Tip I: You'll often find your WiFi password / network key on the back of your WiFi router. As long as this password has not been changed, it should still be valid.
Tip II: The auto correct function in your smart device may be changing the characters you enter. We therefore recommend switching off this auto correct function.
1) If the signal strength of your Wi-Fi network is only 30% or less where you are holding your phone, it will not appear. Since the system requires a signal strength greater than 30% in order to function without drops in playback, only networks that offer this minimum signal strength will be displayed.
Solution: Increase the signal strength of your Wi-Fi signal and/or find a better place for your device.
2) It’s technically possible to hide a Wi-Fi network. This option is usually offered in a Wi-Fi router’s settings. If you’ve selected this setting option, your home network will not be displayed within the app.
Solution: Make sure that the Wi-Fi is set to "visible“.
1) The function DHCP (the automatic assignment of a network address) is not switched on. This prevents the Raumefld device from registering with the home WiFi network.
Solution: Activate the DHCP function in your home WiFi router’s settings. Tip: Some manufacturers list DHCP as a feature with names like “Reject unknown devices”. Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
2) A so-called Mac filter is switched on in your router. This filter prevents the registration of unknown devices which includes all devices not already using the WiFi network.
Solution: Deactivate the Mac filter for the duration of the setup process or add your device to the router’s list of known devices. Note: Some manufacturers refer to the Mac filter with names like "Only allow known devices.“ Contact the manufacturer of your router if you are unsure what this feature is called.
3) The router is blocking direct communication (the exchange of data) between two or more devices connected to the same WiFi network. Known as “client isolation,” this setting is often preconfigured, especially with guest network access.
It requires direct communication in order to receive information (such as when you press "play“) from your smartphone. The client isolation setting is often overlooked as it does not prevent a device from accessing the internet.
Solution: Do not use a guest WiFi access for your device; deactivate the client isolation feature.
Note: Some manufacturers refer to client isolation under different names. It may also be a preconfigured part of a security level you have chosen for your WiFi network. Contact the manufacturer of your router for more information.
Tip: If you didn’t find your app on this list, you may want to contact the provider directly and ask when Chromecast will be integrated. In the meantime, you should have no trouble finding an alternative from the large selection of Chromecast-enabled apps.
After you create and name your groups, they will appear alongside individual Cast-enabled speakers in your music app.
Google Home App (Play Store)
App Store iOS
1: A computer running on either the Windows 10/8.1/8/7 32 bit, Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher) or Linux operating systems.
2: A current version of the Chrome browser. You can download the most recent version here:
3: The Chromecast built-in extension for the Chrome browser (if not already integrated)
4: A least one Teufel Streaming device with Chromecast built-in registered to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer using the Chrome browser
Begin a YouTube video. Select the “streaming” option from the “more” menu in the Chrome browser. This will call up a menu displaying all Teufel Streaming devices in the network that can play back the audio.
- The video displayed on your screen and audio from your speaker may not be in perfect sync.
- It is not currently possible to directly cast audio from the YouTube app for iOS or Android.
Tip for Android users: You can stream audio from the YouTube app on Android devices using the Android mirroring function. To do so, simply complete the following steps:
Step 1: Install the “Google Home App” and open the menu on the left side.
Step 2: Tap on the option “Screen/Audio streaming” and select the Teufel Streaming device you wish to cast audio to. An active connection will be displayed in your smartphone’s status bar.
Unfortunately, this option is not currently available for smart devices operating on iOS systems.
Step 3: Switch back to the YouTube App and start a video as you normally would. The audio will play from the Teufel Streaming device you just selected.
Please note that the picture and audio may not be in perfect sync.
Solution: Restart all Teufel Streaming devices and deactivate Chromecast built-in.
1) Chromecast built-in functionality can vary between providers. It’s therefore important to abide by the instructions given by the provider for using this technology. For instance, some request that users first cast and then start an audio stream while others recommend the reverse order of actions. If you are unsure whether you are casting correctly, please ask your app’s service team for assistance.
2) It can take around 20 seconds or even longer in some cases for a stream to be processed. Contact the provider of the music or audio service you use to learn more.
Manual activation can also be completed at any time in the Teufel Raumfeld App’s menu under “Music services”.
This circumstance would drive up the production and storage costs, which would result in a significantly more expensive sales price.
A paint shop in your vicinity will surely be able to repaint the speaker housing to your preferred colour without loss of warranty - after expiry of the eight-week right of return.
Hence your components keep up to date and you can benefit from advancements in the latest software releases.
Since Raumfeld software version 1.3 it is also possible to install updates via a USB stick. This enables you to apply updates without an internet connection.
Of course we also provide continuous updates of the Raumfeld App for your smartphone. These updates are distributed via your smartphone's app store.
When USB storage is attached to the Base your Raumfeld system will automatically begin to scan for new music. You can follow the scan progress under Settings > Music Resources. The following are possible causes as to why your USB storage may not be automatically found:
A) The file system of the disk may not be compatible. We support the following formats:
- FAT16 / FAT32
- HFS / HFS+
- EXT2 / EXT3 / EXT4
B) We seldomly have had reports of issues with USB 1.0 devices. We therefore recommend using devices that support USB 2.0.
Connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector (System without Raumfeld Base)
USB storage that has been connected to a Raumfeld Speaker or Connector can only be used for playback in the Raumfeld system if the device is configured as the Raumfeld Host (see Network in the online manual).
Please also note that for first-generation Speakers and Connectors, apart from USB sticks only USB 2.0 storage with its own power supply or USB sticks are supported. These constraints do not apply to second-generation devices, e.g. Connector 2.
Solution: If the resources are offline, simply open the Teufel Reumfeld app on the device from which you would like to stream digital content.
There are many different methods of accomplishing this, assuming that the same album name, or Album Tag, is assigned to all tracks.
- Assign the name of the compilation's producer to the tag Album Artist. Use "Various Artists" if the producer's name is unknown.
- If you use iTunes, you may select for every song that they are Part of a Compilation under Get Info > Info.
- As long as the album is stored locally on the Raumfeld Base, a network drive or USB storage, it is sufficient to simply save the music files in the same folder. Make sure, however, that only music files pertaining to the compilation are stored within this folder.
- iTunes (Windows, Mac OS; only supports MP3, AAC, M4A, Apple Lossless)
- Windows Media Player (Windows; only supports MP3)
- Winamp (Windows; supports the same formats as Raumfeld except for WAV)
It's also a good idea to check the sound setting on your television (or set top box). This should be set to PCM or stereo. If the audio signal travels from the set top box to the product via the television, please make sure that both devices have been correctly configured, or connect the audio signal from the source device to the product directly.
The following settings can be selected:
- Stereo Mode: The sound is similar to that produced by a classic stereo system. Select this mode to enjoy music with a broad stereo soundstage. (Button 1)
- Arena Mode: This mode employs side-mounted drivers to create an especially broad sound panorama. (Button 2)
- Theater Mode: The Theater Mode creates a broad soundstage together with heightened speech intelligibility.
- Voice Mode: This mode elevates the voice frequency range for enhanced speech intelligibility while using the side-mounted drivers to subtly broaden the soundstage. (Button 4)
It’s also possible to perfect the system’s soundstage by altering the subwoofer’s volume levels.
In order to change the type of connection, open the Raumfeld App and open the “Room configuration“ option (under Settings/room configuration/room name/device) and change the type of connection to “TV input” in the drop down menu.
- The “Phase“ slide switch: This is where you can optimize the subwoofer’s signal output. Try adjusting the phase setting if the conditions of the room where your Subwoofer is situated cause it to drone or sound strange.
- „Sub Level“ dial: (Can only be used in the device’s wired mode) This allows you to adjust the sensitivity (volume) of the incoming signal. If the device is being used in its wireless mode, you can adjust these settings via the Raumfeld App.
- „High pass“ dial: This allows you to filter out all frequencies beneath a certain cutoff frequency. For instance, if the dial is set to 50 Hz, the Subwoofer will not play back any frequencies lower than 50 Hz. If you want to hear bass playback without any filtering, we recommend a setting of 20 Hz.
Schiebeschalter „Phase“: hier wird die Signalausgabe des Subwoofers optimiert. Versuchen Sie eine Änderung der Phaseneinstellung, wenn der Subwoofer aufgrund räumlicher Bedingungen dröhnt oder ungewohnt klingt.
Drehregler „Sub Level“: (nur bei verkabeltem Betrieb) Hier lässt sich die Empfindlichkeit (Lautstärke) des eingehenden Signals einstellen. Bei kabellosem Betrieb nutzen Sie für diese Funktion das Geräte-Einstellungsmenü über die Raumfeld-App.
Drehregler „High Pass“: Diese Einstellung filtert alle Frequenzen, die unter der eingestellten Frequenz liegen.
Ein Beispiel: ist der Regler auf 50Hz eingestellt, so werden keine Frequenzen kleiner als 50Hz wiedergegeben. Damit der Bass möglichst ungefiltert wiedergegeben wird, ist eine Einstellung auf 20Hz empfohlen.
The corresponding setting in the speaker set-up must be adjusted individually for each source for many receivers, however, e.g. for CD playback only front without woofer, and front speakers plus woofer for Dolby Surround video playback.
To make sure the subwoofer switches on and off correctly in automatic mode, (to be selected on the corresponding switch of the subwoofer, such as "Auto / On / Off"), we recommend turning the level control on the subwoofer to 1/3 or perhaps to 1/2 and increasing the output level for the sub in the receiver's speaker set-up – sometimes up to the maximum (+10 dB or +12 dB). The subwoofer should then work perfectly.
The maximum position of the output level in the speaker set-up of the AV Receiver is obligatory for some of our models (e.g. the Concept S subwoofer).
You can connect it like a standard speaker system: the five satellites via speaker cable to the corresponding speaker outputs front R/L, rear R/L and centre of the AV Receiver/amplifier and the subwoofer from the front R input via a mono-RCA cable to the Sub Out output on the A/V Receiver/amplifier.
The auto on/standby switch only responds when the front R input is being used! The subwoofer also receives the full subwoofer signal via this channel.
If the AV Receiver/amplifier has preamplifier outputs for all channels (front R/L, rear R/L, centre and subwoofer), the Teufel set can also be connected via three RCA cable pairs to the subwoofer and the satellites via speaker cables to the subwoofer. However, we recommend using the first version.
Even though the LED is still illuminated, the subwoofer is in standby mode. This function can be easily checked by slowly increasing the volume at the receiver/amplifier. You will hear a quiet popping noise when the subwoofer activates itself as of a certain level.
If the satellites are not connected directly to the subwoofer but to the AV Receiver/amplifier via speaker cable instead, the subwoofer performance will increase somewhat; the power amplifiers for the satellites have no function. This enables the subwoofer and satellites to play even more dynamically than if the subwoofer still had to provide the satellites with performance.
The technical background: The subwoofer has a large transformer with a specific wattage. This performance is either distributed to the five satellites and the subwoofer, or you receive a higher performance only for the subwoofer.
If the cabling method is easier for you, then you can alternatively connect one subwoofer to the other. You will need two mono cinch cables - one to connect the subwoofer "Pre Out" on the AV receiver/amplifier to the left line-in input of the first subwoofer, and the other to connect the left line-out output of the first subwoofer to the left line-in input of the second subwoofer.
The volume of the active subwoofer can be controlled so that you can adapt the relationship between the active bass and treble / mid tones to suit the room.
Use your own senses to judge which settings sound best in your room. This switch is especially useful in stereo mode. On the other hand, multichannel amplifiers often have technologies that adjust the subwoofer volume - so when using a multichannel amplifier the controller should first be set at 0dB.